Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you think its true?

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 4:49 AM
  • 12 Replies
My mom says that when you crave something a lot during pregnancy, the baby will like that food later on. For instance: She hates vanilla ice cream, but craved it while pregnant with my brother..my brother loves it!
Did any of you have cravings of good that your children love now?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 4:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Flaca43
by Silver Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 4:49 AM
Sorry..food
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mysweetmelissa
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 4:50 AM
My mom craved cheetos with me. I'm not a fan. I craved sweet potatoes with Melissa. She does seem to enjoy them too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
armywife009
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 4:51 AM

My mom craved reeses cups and pickles! I love reeses, use to love pickles until I got pregnant with my second, now they suck...(Which is strange because I am not pregnant anymore but they taste awful still)

thehickinhickor
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 4:52 AM
I crave pineapple an avocado she only likes pineapples
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CadincesMom
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 4:53 AM

I have never liked strawberries but when I was pregnant with my DD I wanted them all the time. My DD loves them.

RadnRem
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 4:54 AM

I basically ate raw fruits and veggies (mainly veggies) with my last son.  I had constant vegetable trays and massive amazing salads in my fridge. Awesome thing to crave, right?  It is...but with really bad "all day sickness"....fresh fruits and veggies are horrific to throw up.

Anyway, my younger son is amazing when it comes to eating fruits and veggies.  He's the little kid freaking out over brussel sprouts at the store. I have never even eaten them, yet he just had to have them once he saw them.

His favorite thing now, and almost freak out at the store.....big carrots, LOL.  Apparently the baby carrots just won't do.

ninipanini
by Ruby Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 7:37 AM

I've heard this too.  I don't think it's true. 

That being said...with ds I wanted savory, salty, spicy like garlic stuffed olives, spicy sushi with wasabi, hard boiled eggs...

DD I craved candy, ice cream, brownies, etc.

momma-flynn
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 7:48 AM

My kid loves the stuff I craved. She's been eating sushi since she was a tot. 

jobo
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 8:03 AM
Of dont know if its true or not .. With my first child all I ate was candy and she is a candy junkie.my second child I ate pizza like every other day and again she's loves pizza.with my twin boys I ate everything nothing special and they eat anything.

Mrs.BAT
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 8:05 AM

Oh jeez, I ate mac n cheese a lot and DD will hardly eat anything else. I shudder to think of what else she may end up loving that I craved during pregnancy.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)