Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help.......highlights......?

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 6:05 AM
  • 8 Replies

I dyed my hair and now I want to put highlights in it. The last time I did this I had a friend do them for me, but that isn't an option anymore so I guess I have to do them myself.

Gosh I hope this doesn't sound stupid, but is there a certain way your supposed to put them in your hair, I mean can you do different layers in your hair or is it just on the top layer of hair, or does it matter?

Please help so my hair doesn't look horrible when I am done! LOL

by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 6:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
bayliesmommy
by Ruby Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 6:07 AM
If you haven't done it before, I suggest getting it done or it will look a mess.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Army_Mom_2_Boyz
by Ruby Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 6:09 AM

ehhh I wish I could, but right now I couldn't afford to go to a salon and get it done, so I had to buy the stuff to do it at home unfortunately

Quoting bayliesmommy:

If you haven't done it before, I suggest getting it done or it will look a mess.

troll.mom
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 6:10 AM

dont do it, if you havent dont it... your hair will be a bloody mess.. esp if you just died it and you have NO idea what to do...

good luck.. you will NEED LOTS OF IT, just make sure you are ready to dye your back to what it is now

maryhen
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 6:11 AM

you may do different layers, as many as you want. Google it and youtube it ;)

bayliesmommy
by Ruby Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 6:13 AM
Then I would wait on highlights, if you don't know what you are doing chances are you will turn out with spots.

Quoting Army_Mom_2_Boyz:

ehhh I wish I could, but right now I couldn't afford to go to a salon and get it done, so I had to buy the stuff to do it at home unfortunately

Quoting bayliesmommy:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AnnieMcD
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 6:13 AM

If you're going to do it yourself, then I suggest one of those silly highlight caps. You know the kind that looks like a shower cap, and you poke a hook through holes in it and pull bits of hair out? That's the only way I've seen people do it on their own that actually looks good.

Quoting Army_Mom_2_Boyz:

Quoting bayliesmommy:

maryhen
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 6:14 AM

I second the cap idea.....its easier.

Quoting AnnieMcD:

If you're going to do it yourself, then I suggest one of those silly highlight caps. You know the kind that looks like a shower cap, and you poke a hook through holes in it and pull bits of hair out? That's the only way I've seen people do it on their own that actually looks good.

Quoting Army_Mom_2_Boyz:

Quoting bayliesmommy:

Army_Mom_2_Boyz
by Ruby Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 6:15 AM

oh ok thanks! :)

Quoting AnnieMcD:

Quoting Army_Mom_2_Boyz:

Quoting bayliesmommy:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)