Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is this mean? Would you have your kid doing this so early in the morning? EDIT

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 6:27 AM
  • 56 Replies

Its 5:25 here. And I was looking out the window at the paper delivery people and I see this little boy in his pj's (probably 4 or 5 years old) and he is the one running up to the doors tossing the newspaper on to the the front step. I think he should be in bed and 5 in the morning! Just seems a little to early to me. I dont know if its mean, but just seems to early. And he is doing all the work...lol. It was kinda cute though, he stood on the driveway and  threw the paper too far so he had to go fish it out of the rocks and set it on the stairs. Poor lil guy looked tired though :(

Ok, just to clarify I see nothing wrong with the kid helping out. I only felt bad for him because it was so early and he didn't look happy. He looked tired! Who knows how early he had to wake up, and if he is the only one running up to all the houses. I can see not having a sitter and having to bring your children, but he shouldnt have to do the running if he is tired. I never said it was mean, I never said I had a problem with kids helping and I never called this abuse...lol. I was just asking your opinions. LOL 

by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 6:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sabbycat69
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 6:29 AM

Is he by himself or with parents? 

mom2_3blessings

meh... I dont see a problem with it.

Astaroth
Maybe he has a weird sleeping schedule. Or maybe he asked to go on the paper route with his parent or whomever, and its just a one time thing for fun. Who knows! :) I don't see a problem with it, but (lots of) others will.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cherish77
by Cherish on Jul. 8, 2011 at 6:30 AM

maybe its their only job,a nd they can't afford a sitter.

wonderwomanT08
by Ruby Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 6:30 AM

his parents are driving...he just gets in and out of the car as they drive house to house

Quoting sabbycat69:

Is he by himself or with parents? 

sabbycat69
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 6:31 AM

Well if they are forcing their child to do this, then that is mean, otherwise I don't see it as being mean. 

Behindthelense
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 6:32 AM

I don't see an issue with it.

thehickinhickor
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 6:33 AM
My kid would love to do that! So no as long as the parents are there no
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DanaG70
by Platinum Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 6:36 AM
When my second was his age he'd get up that early. I see nothing wrong with it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
troll.mom
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 6:36 AM

im confused here.. what is so mean about this?  unless they have him on a leash and hes running next to the car then i see no problem

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)