Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you go or stay home?

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 7:43 AM
  • 60 Replies

My mother-in-law called last night and told my husband that they are planning an adults only trip to an amusement park for labor day weekend.  She wanted him to be sure to ask off for that weekend.  He told her that there is no way he could get off that weekend.  He works in the meat department of a grocery store, so that is a huge weekend for them business-wise.  She asked if I would want to go anyway.  He said he would ask me.  He did ask me after he hung up the phone.  I said that I would not go if he couldn't go.  It would be his mom and dad, his brother and his wife, and then me.  Can you say 5th wheel?  No, thank you.  It would also mean that my parents would have to watch the kids while he was working.  Then she told him that they wanted to go somewhere a week before Christmas for the whole week.  He told her that he would not be able to get off then either.  She just kinda seemed a bit upset that we were ruining her plans.  Sorry, if he can't get off work, he can't, and I'm not gonna go and be made to feel like a 5th wheel.  

Would you go or not?

A mother's child is every breath she takes. Walking hand in hand, every step she takes.

Life is hard.  Kids make the ride more fun.
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 7:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Maries_Mom23
by Platinum Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 7:45 AM

I wouldn't go...I'm like you.  I'd feel too much like a 5th wheel also.  Plus, I'd hate to have fun without DH.

afwifeandmommy3
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 7:45 AM
Probably not. I'd spend the time with My kids and parents
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovemymicros
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 7:46 AM

no i would not go

Aamy
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 7:47 AM
I wouldn't go no.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
orcadarwin
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 7:47 AM

I kinda feel bad because I know they want to do this, but I don't think I would have much fun without my husband there.  

Quoting Maries_Mom23:

I wouldn't go...I'm like you.  I'd feel too much like a 5th wheel also.  Plus, I'd hate to have fun without DH.

A mother's child is every breath she takes. Walking hand in hand, every step she takes.

luvhubandbabys
by Silver Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 7:48 AM

ugh 5th wheel no thank you!! lol. maybe if it was a whole group with more singletons..lol

Corkie-
by Silver Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 7:48 AM
Nope. Unless I really need a break from the kids then I most likely would.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
orcadarwin
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 7:51 AM

I might consider it if there were more singles going, but she just wants mom and dad and their two boys and their wives.  I'm kinda wondering if they pick a differenet weekend, or still go just the four of them.  

Quoting luvhubandbabys:

ugh 5th wheel no thank you!! lol. maybe if it was a whole group with more singletons..lol

MadJack607
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 7:54 AM
His parents don't like me so I only get invited for special occasions. But I have been asked to go to theme parks without him before but I didn't go. To me it is not fun without him with me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CABZS
by Ruby Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 7:59 AM

I would go & see how it goes before I made a judgement. 

Could be fun & not like you have to spend all day everyday w/them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)