Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Don't knock McDonalds

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 8:36 AM
  • 18 Replies

Currently running an ad in the paper that they need employees, in my very very small town(well we just got a walmart so we're moving up), starting pay 10.00 an hour!

Not bad, not bad at all.

by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 8:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cabsmom10
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 8:38 AM
That is more than I get paid, and I'm a preschool teacher! LOL Jeez, that's kind of depressing!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BambiF
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 8:39 AM

That's less than minimum wage here.

mamatocaleb
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 8:40 AM

Minimum wage here is 7.50. Working in a regular restaurant a cook gets paid 8.00 an hour. Factory starting wages are 8.50- so no thats not bad at all!

cabsmom10
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 8:41 AM
Oh wow! Our min. wage in Ohio is $7.31 ....or something close to that!

Quoting BambiF:

That's less than minimum wage here.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
2and2onway
by Platinum Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 8:42 AM

Mine is hiring too, but wont hire me because I was a manager for Wendys for 6 yrs and then managed the local hospital cafeteria until the twins were born. I also live in a small town and when Walmart came here it shut down our 3 biggest stores including Kmart.

BambiF
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 8:43 AM

Minimum wage here is 10.25
Regular restaurant cook gets paid 10.25-14, depending.  I got paid 11 when I was a line cook, and minimum wage was only 9 something then...

Factory starting wages are 14-18.  My dh makes 19 in a factory, and once he gets to full wage itll be about 21.

But if 7.50 is your minimum wage, then ya 10 is pretty sweet for mcdonalds!

baby2zacharias
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 8:43 AM
i was getting that as an assistant manager of bath and body and pac sun! So starting rate thats awesome!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CallxMexMama
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 8:44 AM

I worked at Mcdonalds before. Its actually fun and easy!!

BambiF
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 8:45 AM

My friend worked at mcdonalds and had to quit because she was too addicted to the food [she was before she worked there, but it got worse with the job]
She was having health problems, including high cholesterol.  She was 19 years old, and about 115lbs, with freaking high cholesterol lol.

Justine1123
by Justine on Jul. 8, 2011 at 8:45 AM
Can't get mcdonalds to freaking hire me my dad says it's bc I have a dispatcher job on my record and they are afraid I'll leave but I swear I won't! Lol but they tore ours down they are rebuilding we don't have one right now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)