Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Vasectomy!

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 8:38 AM
  • 14 Replies

I want my DH to get a vasectomy, he is willing but he wants to know what all comes with it. The surgery I was able to explain but recovery,pain, etc I have no idea. So if any of you ladies went through your SO's having this procedure please share ideas and tips with me! Thanks

by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 8:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommas3cubs
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 8:51 AM

his best bet would be to talk to a doctor, recovery is different for everyone. I would listen to a doc before I would listen to a bunch of women on here anyway.

Rhonda142
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 8:52 AM

Have him watch a surgery on youtube. I have seen men do fine and other not so much. Good Luck!

mamatocaleb
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 8:52 AM

bump

3boysngirl
by Bronze Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 8:55 AM

Recovery is alot easier then when we have a baby he will be sore for a couple of days he can go to work in 2 days

ashleigh24
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 8:56 AM
Well, my hubby did fine but it was painful of course. He was good after a couple of days though. Lots of ice and loving. I remember filling that ice pack a ton. Everyone is different though. He was swollen real bad but I heard a different story from a friend that he was fine the same day but I don't believe her. Now my hubby did just walk out of office just fine. He wasn't swollen till later. It was the best thing ever though. No worries or birth control for me anymore!!!!!!!! Good luck :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mdraper
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 8:57 AM
My husband got one around Easter , he was in alot of pain for a few days lol he didn't move off of the recliner much
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
xxxAthena
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 8:58 AM

mine did and he loves that he did lol. he went in Friday and walked out of the room 15 minutes later with it done. they gave him some pain pills and told him to ice it and come back in a certain amount of time to check his swimmers.  he was back at work Monday on light duty (he is military so no crazy exercising for him for a couple of weeks). it really wasn't bad...it just looked a little swollen down there and he had like 2 stitches on each side but that was it :) it doesn't affect sex drive OR what happens at the end ;P

CasandraFinlay
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 8:58 AM
My hubby had a good experience. He went in, and less than 15 minutes, he was out. Really.

He sat in bed the next two days, eating chocolate and had a beer or two. He wore two pairs of 'tighty whiteys' and used ice in the evenings. At night, he would take the prescribed pain meds and had light duty for a week at work.

There are complications that could happen, but nothing compared to the complications of a tubal.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CasandraFinlay
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 9:00 AM
The only 'uncomfortable' thing he had during the procedure was tugging on the testicles to view the vas deferense (sp).
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
childofthesun
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 9:02 AM

My dh had it done. He was awake and said the numbing shot was the worst part and not too bad. He came home and took a nap but woke up in pain he described as the same pain when you get icked there. He took a vicodin or whatever med they gave him and it went away. After that it was just uncomfortable for a few more days and that's it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)