Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Spider Bite???

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 9:13 AM
  • 5 Replies

This morning when I picked my son (who is 7) up from his dads he showed me his arm.  It has a big red bump on it.  Its aprox 2-1/4" across, 2-1/2" up and down, and raised up about 1/2" and inch.  Its very warm to the touch and tender.  It looks like a spider bite (he had one a few years ago).  He said he noticed it yesterday afternoon and when I asked his daycare provider about it she said that he showed her but it was only about the size of a quarter yesterday and she told his dad to watch it when he picked him up. 

Last time it kept swelling up and we ended up going to urgent care and he had to be put on anti-biotics for it.  So I drew a circle around it to see if it gets any bigger thru the day and will kinda base on if we go off that and how he feels.

Here's a picture of it, sorry its so small  What do you other moms think??

by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 9:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
NearSeattleMom
by Ruby Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 5:12 PM

Yikes!  How's he doing now?

mackiebugsmom
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 5:19 PM
Take him to the doctor. My dd had something like that and had to have surgery and they said the longer we wuld have waited the deeper the hole would have been. She had to go back and have it packed and redressed for two weeks...spider bite got infected.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JessiBell
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 5:19 PM

I think I would probably take  a trip to Urgent Care to be safe. Hope its nothing too serious!

sixwasenough4me
by Bronze Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 5:26 PM

Yep.  Spider bite.   Just watch him closely.

easinpc
by Silver Member on Jul. 10, 2011 at 11:44 AM

I ended up calling his doctor about it because when he had one 2 years ago I took him in and they gave him antibiotics for it.  His doctor this time gave him a steriod cream to help with the inflammation and an antibiotic as well.  He is doing much better today!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)