Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

aw d@mmit. this is gonna be freakin me out all damm day long**pics to show WHY i am freakin out**

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 9:19 AM
  • 17 Replies

i didn't realize it was a grey rainy morning until i heard banging and cussing up on the roof. dh was out there trying to cover the exposed half ( we are roofing and it isn't done being shingled yet) with a tarp. course the winds are a bit much, so putting a nail in the tarp is useless, as it just rips through. he has the damm thing held down with a damm shovel and hammer wedged into the eaves-troughs. and the winds are picking up worse too. the other day they hit 100km/hr. i am freakin out that damm shovel or hammer is going to come flying off that roof and kill someone. or break a window on the house or one of the vehicles in the yard.
i'm tempted to wake up my younger brother and get him to nail a 2x6 across the tarp before it gets more windy.

but hell what is he fell off the roof? the footing is tenuous at best. sigh.

i need coffee. there is no way i can get back to sleep now. i keep waiting for a CRASH BANG.

it is almost 8am. you see that sky? oh god.

by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 9:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
daughterofearth
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 9:20 AM

**dh was in a hurry to get to work, sorry i didn't mention that. he's gone already. the flappin of that tarp bout to drive me crazy**

sherry132
by Ruby Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 9:20 AM

Deep breaths and the knowledge you cannot change what will be. I'm sorry momma. Where do you live?

daughterofearth
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 9:29 AM

saskatchewan. and the sky is black as all can be. *sigh* traps not gona hold, roofs gonna get wet. **shrugs** and someone or something is going to get hit with a flying shovel. i went out and handed him the 2x6. but i guess it didnt have any nails in it, so he just threw it back down. i offered to go and get him nails. guess he didn't want to be late for work. not like his boss wouldn't have understood. dammit.

Quoting sherry132:

Deep breaths and the knowledge you cannot change what will be. I'm sorry momma. Where do you live?

daughterofearth
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 9:41 AM

you think i should wake my brother up and get him to nail in that 2x6 before it gets worse? thats shovel aint gonna hold shit.

that dam tarp is driving me crazy flapping away up there. dont need water coming into the kids rooms through the roof. fuck. i cant climb the damm ladder or i would do it myself, i got a messed up knee.

PookaboosMom
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 9:44 AM

I probably would get your brother to nail a board down.  That isn't going to hold if the wind gets under the tarp.  My husband is a roofer and he usually nails a board down and then also uses camping stakes and rope to secure it to the ground

daughterofearth
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 9:47 AM

oh god that wind. i am waking his ass up. pray he dont fall.

CountryGirl0809
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 9:49 AM

get him up    most likely it won't blow off but its best to make sure

daughterofearth
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 9:50 AM

he is up and i am giving him some coffee.  he says hi to you all.

JadensMommy2
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 9:51 AM

Good luck!

Alicia2784
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 9:52 AM
If the tarp is flapping your getting some water under it if it's raining. Def get a board up there. Who's doing your roof??? If it's a company call them and get them there now
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)