Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Should there be a special store?

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 9:22 AM
  • 44 Replies
Should there be a special store for people with food stamps that only sells approved products? Like zero sugar etc.. You know the foods.

Should food stamps not be accepted at walmart and grocery stores or costco? I've seen people complain because lines are to long? I dunno if people know this but people on food stamps use them all month...

Maybe if they are allowed to shop at walmart the greeter can instead check there items for health reasons if anything is deemed unhealthy they will punch buyer in the face return it to shelves and refund money but not to food stamp holder but for a fund for those who gave them that money.. People that work and pay taxes...

I constantly read about people mad bc of what people of food stamps buy or hell even if the person is just in line when they want to be because god forbid it be first come first serve when on food stamps right?

Edit- obviously these are unrealistic demands it's ment sarcastic. Just going off things we have all read in here... If you cant see the sarcasm please get yourself help.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 9:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Justine1123
by Justine on Jul. 8, 2011 at 9:25 AM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AjsMom0508
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 9:26 AM

Yes because people with food stamps have fewer rights than the rest of the general population.... SMH....

Note the sarcasm.

Justine1123
by Justine on Jul. 8, 2011 at 9:27 AM
They are treated that way...

Quoting AjsMom0508:

Yes because people with food stamps have fewer rights than the rest of the general population.... SMH....

Note the sarcasm.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aleciamarie
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 9:28 AM

No, I don't think that they should have special stores.  However, speaking of food stamps...I was thrilled to see that people could purchase "tokens' with their food stamp card at our local farmer's market last night so that they could purchase fresh fruit and vegetables!

Barronbaby
by Gold Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 9:28 AM
I had a lady grumble at me the other day going on about how she didn't have time to wait for "food stamp" lady in front of her.... boy did she shut up quick when I pulled out cash and not one card. Anyways who cares what people buy on food stamps really.... sure they could make health choices bit its their life their body. I don't know how true this is but I read somewhere that only a small percentage of tax payers money goes to food stamps or public assistance.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
halleys_mommy_1
by +Logan on Jul. 8, 2011 at 9:28 AM
So just cause people are down on there luck they can't have a soda or candy bar now and then??? *smh*
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AjsMom0508
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 9:29 AM

Yes they are and it is ridiculous that people think needing help means you have fewer rights. 

Quoting Justine1123:

They are treated that way...

Quoting AjsMom0508:

Note the sarcasm.

PhoneGrease
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 9:29 AM

No.

It would be another unnecessary expense for the government. On top of that, it would probably be run by them or at least partially run by them, so you know it would be done completely inefficiently. Plus, if the store is being paid with just food stamps, then it really isn't profitting at all, IF it is run by the government. So on top of the FS themselves, we'd also have to pay for the rent and maintenance of the buildings, workers, etc.

I doubt something like this would ever be handled by the private sector either. It doesn't seem like something that would be very profitable or stable. 

RedRozeMom
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 9:31 AM
walmart greeters here are 1000 years old and barely breathing, so the idea of them checking for approved foods, punching someone in the face and all that stuff wouldn't work.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Justine1123
by Justine on Jul. 8, 2011 at 9:31 AM
I'm on food stamps myself. This is a sarcastic post.... Smh at you

Quoting halleys_mommy_1:

So just cause people are down on there luck they can't have a soda or candy bar now and then??? *smh*
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)