Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I look at what other people have in their shopping carts...

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 9:55 AM
  • 32 Replies

If I'm on a long line with nothing to do but wait, I do pass time by checking out other people's carts. Is that so weird? I'm Puerto Rican-American and make a lot of Puerto Rican and Dominican foods. So my cart usually consists of root vegetables, citrus, beans, and other ingredients for the type of cuisine I like to cook. If I see an Indian family next to me, I'll look in their cart to see if I can figure out what they like to eat. Sometimes I'll see what they have and try to figure out what they are planning to make with it.

Sometimes I'll see a product in someone else's cart that I have a coupon for. If I know I'm not going to use it, I usually offer it to them.

I guess I'm just curious.

by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 9:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
art.diva
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 9:57 AM

Well, as long as you aren't inspecting them for PA approved foods...lol

I can't say that I look in people's carts, but I do get curious when the person in front of me only has a few items, and they just look odd together.  lol

PhoneGrease
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 9:58 AM

ME too!

The other night I was at the grocery store and someone bought all the ingredients for tacos and then a box of Matzoh meal. Kosher tacos??? lol

Quoting art.diva:

Well, as long as you aren't inspecting them for PA approved foods...lol

I can't say that I look in people's carts, but I do get curious when the person in front of me only has a few items, and they just look odd together.  lol

i.heart.nerds
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 9:59 AM
I am usually too busy reading the headlines of the magazines I refuse to buy...
RedRozeMom
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 10:00 AM
Not me...I'm busy reading one of those gossip rags they have by the registwer.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ChunkyMonkey25
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 10:00 AM

I do it! Gives me ideas on new things to buy. Ive had people look in mine and ask me "Hey that looks good, what isle did you get it in"

Rhyne
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 10:01 AM
Me too..or eyeing candy.

Quoting i.heart.nerds:

I am usually too busy reading the headlines of the magazines I refuse to buy...

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PhoneGrease
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 10:02 AM

Sometimes I do that too, if I am that close to the register. Usually once I get to the belt, I start arranging my groceries in categories for ease of bagging lol. I'm a little neurotic at the grocery store.

Quoting RedRozeMom:

Not me...I'm busy reading one of those gossip rags they have by the registwer.

mallowcup17
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 10:04 AM

i do that too...

CountryGirl0809

lol  i do the same thing!  lol

MissC3
I can honestly say I have never checked out what's in someone else's cart. I guess I just don't care what other people buy. when I'm in the checkout line I read all the magazine covers. If it's a slow line I read Soap Opera Digest (only the pages that talk about Days of Our Lives). Lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)