Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My f***ing vent for the day!!!!

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 9:58 AM
  • 37 Replies

SO, I watch my 8 year old BIL ( weird I know) his mom pays me 100/week to do so. I'm a stay at home mom so why not... hes pretty much a good kid for the most part. Anyhow, My MIL and I agreed that I would provide food for the last 3 weeks of the month but she would need to provide food for the first week meaning breakfast,lunch, drinks, and snacks not only for him but for my kids. I worked it out that way because ALL of my bills are due at the beginning of the month and I wanted to start doubling up on my loan to get it payed off.

GUESS WHAT!!! NOT ONLY DID SHE NOT BUY ME FOOD AND I BROUGHT IT TO HER YESTURDAY WHEN SHE OPENED MYFRIDGE AND SAID ," YOU DONT HAVE HARDLY ANYTHING IN HERE!!! SO, I SAID "REMEMBER YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO BUY FOOD FOR THIS WEEK I SENT YOU A TEXT WITH WHAT WE NEEDED." SHE CLAIMS SHE NEVER GOT THE DAMN TEXT BULL SHIT AND WHEN SHE PAYED ME LAST FRIDAY I ASKED HER WHEN SHE WAS GOING TO THE STORE AND SHE SAID SUNDAY!!!! SO TODAY WHAT DOES SHE BRING 2 BOTTLES OF GREEN TEA AND A CAN OF BEEFARONI JUST ENOUGH FOR HER SON I GUESS SCREW MY KIDS RIGHT?

BTW- I do have food for my kids until i can get to the store tonight BUT its not the point!! I fed this child for 3 weeks even dinner when she was late getting home and she cant hold up to her end of the bargain. So should I tell her to just start bringing his food, drinks, and snacks? OR should I tell her to pay me more and I will feed him?? It just screwed me up because I spent my grocery money doubling up on bills.... oh, and hes at my house from 645 until 6 at night sometimes a little later depending on if she comes straight here or not....

by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 9:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
notjstasocermom
by Ruby Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 10:02 AM

Sorry IMO its your responsibility to buy your kids their food.

skileybug
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 10:02 AM

bump

norahsmommy
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 10:04 AM
Ask her to supply food or pay you like 30 bucks more a week to feed him 2-3 meals a day plus snacks.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
skileybug
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 10:05 AM
Quoting notjstasocermom:

i get that but it is NOT my responsibillity to buy her kids food, snacks, drinks. WE TOGETHER worked it out that way so while I had him for the summer so I could double up on my bills and get them payed. It was part of the agreement of me watching him.

daughterofearth
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 10:06 AM

Quoting notjstasocermom:

sheena696
by Platinum Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 10:07 AM

She should be either paying you or providing the food for her child. Not your children. If you made the deal to take care of the food for her child for three weeks that is your thing..but I don't think she agreed to supply food for your children.

stacey7710
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 10:07 AM

I would tell her if she wants you to continue to watch him you will charge X amount more a week to cover the cost of food or she can pack his meals for the day and keep the pay the same. I wouldn't depend on someone else for something like groceries. Good luck.

connie45
by Gold Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 10:10 AM
Just have her pay you more for his food and be done with it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lil_Army_Wife05
by Ruby Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 10:11 AM

I would tell her she can either pay you more to cover the cost of food for him or she can pack his breakfest/lunch/diine/snacks/drinks for him and keep the pay the same!

She doesn't sound like she cares. She is getting pretty much a free babysitter out of the deal. watching him for a 100 bucks a week is a cheap deal and you are supply all meals, yeah she walked away with a good deal....I would put a stop to that if I were you.

This is why I don't babysit other peoples kids! I've been screwed too many times.

AmaliaD
by Platinum Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 10:15 AM
Just charge the normal rate of 30 per day and include food that would be 150 for five days and spend the fifty extra on food for him everyday. Your plan is just too complicated.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)