Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Took a trip to the ER last night... Have a question

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:07 AM
  • 13 Replies

My 17 month son was burning to the touch, cranky, wouldnt eat let alone drink much so my first thought was heat exhaustion. I brought him up and we sat in the waiting room for like 2 1/2 hours. When we finally got in there the dr looked at him and said that he didnt have heat exhaustion but he does have a double middle ear infection and he is teething... He does have a fever of 101.4 had it all night and half the day yesterday. Motrin or anything is not touching it. So now I have a little man that is in so much pain that I dont know what to do for him. He does have an antiboitic and just waiting for it to do its job. Hopefully soon he will be back to himself. Right now he is up my butt and I cant do anything... Lord please help me get thought this with him...

Just a question. If the motrin or any pain reliever isnt helping his fever what can I do for him. I have done baths, I do have an air condition and I have tried putting a cool cloth on his head but he wants to part of that. What would be your next step with your child if nothing is helping his fever...

by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cypris420
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:08 AM

That's really not a high fever at all.  I wouldn't treat it, personally. 

misselphaba
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:09 AM

I wouldn't worry about the fever at all. 

notjstasocermom
by Ruby Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:09 AM

Quoting cypris420:

That's really not a high fever at all.  I wouldn't treat it, personally. 

Mipsy
by Platinum Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:10 AM

Whats his temp now? 101.4 isn't that bad. I would let him run around in a diaper but keep a close eye on him. Pushing lots of fluids can help lower fevers too.

afwifeandmommy3
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:12 AM
I'd give motrin and tylenol alternating every 4 hrs for the pain but the fevers not bad.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
newmommyas1107
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:12 AM

The same. His temp hasnt changed at all... He is in a diaper right now and playing with sister puzzle which might be a bad idea when she gets home.. LOL... He has been drinking lots of fluids. In his cup right now he was ice water.

Quoting Mipsy:

Whats his temp now? 101.4 isn't that bad. I would let him run around in a diaper but keep a close eye on him. Pushing lots of fluids can help lower fevers too.

Wanabmommy
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:13 AM
I agree. Pushing fluids will help with the fever. Keep doing that you are doing and if u still worry, make an apt with ur pedi and check in w/ them

Quoting Mipsy:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ff-princess
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:14 AM
that's not enough of a fever in my house to treat it at all. he's not more than mildly uncomfortable because of the fever - it's the pain of the ear infection that's causing him problems. I'd alternate tylenol and motrin according to my doc's directions for his weight, he should feel much better by this evening.
twisted_charlie
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:15 AM

101.4 is really not a high fever, I wouldn't give anything for that in particular. The double ear infection, OUCH!

CABZS
by Ruby Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:16 AM
The fever is not that high.

I would just alternate Motrin & Tylenol for the ear pain which will help the fever as well.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)