Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

S/o of picketing with a child.

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:45 AM
  • 53 Replies

Why do people think protesting is the way to get what you want?  If it were my company and I saw 2 people protesting with signs outside of my building, I would probably laugh.  Now a big group of people is one thing, but 2 people?  Maybe I'm wrong but I think if you really want to fix something, marching around yelling "I don't agree with this" will not work. 

In a way I feel its lazy, I mean just call the corporate, or go the the company and talk to them face to face. Does anyone else agree? 

by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Cheermom1108
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:48 AM

BUMP!

mysweetmelissa
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:49 AM
I'm not a protester, don't ever see myself being one, so I can't comment on the mindset.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mysweetmelissa
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:50 AM
Though I do agree seeing two people picketing would make me laugh.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom_dl6
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:50 AM

seems a tad silly with just two ppl doing it.     =}

DeathGoddess
by Silver Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:53 AM

you would probably have better results contacting corporate and i that got you no where ...the local media...i agree 2 people protesting probably won't have the desired effect

PookaboosMom
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:53 AM
Back home we had a war veteran that walked around the.court house every day with a pickett sign. He was there m-s 8 hrs a day. I believe he was protesting the war in iraq
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cheermom1108
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:54 AM

That's another thing, has it changed anything?  What is the point? 

Quoting PookaboosMom:

Back home we had a war veteran that walked around the.court house every day with a pickett sign. He was there m-s 8 hrs a day. I believe he was protesting the war in iraq

Cheermom1108
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:54 AM

BUMP!

DejaVooDoo
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:56 AM

It does seem silly just two people doing it, but at the same time I don't understand what the issue is. Picketing isn't just about protesting to per se get what you want. Other people passing by can learn information from those protesters, and in some cases join along. You start with a small group and sometimes end up with a large one.

I've got a protest myself coming up in two weeks time to attend. Mind you though, it has already been said there will be over 100 people attending. Banners have been created, information pamphlets to hand out and speakers included. I personally feel uncomfortable about taking my own children along and wouldn't even consider it. But lots of stuff can be done by picketing. It just depends how it is approached and if you are willing to put in some downtime into it. In this case, it wasn't a corporate but government. So, not necessarily the same thing.

Cheermom1108
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:58 AM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)