Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What to wear on an interview?

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:51 AM
  • 21 Replies

I have an interview Monday, but I have no clue what to wear to it. I've never had this problem before, I've only worked at clothing stores or offices. This one is for a sales associate at a spa. Normally I wear a nice dress or skirt suit on an interview. Is that to dressy? I have nice dress pants and nice blouses but no pant suit. To me pants and a blouses is too casual. Or should I wear a skirt and blouse What's the best option?

by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
.not.angel.
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:52 AM

Call and ask.

hammomof2
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:53 AM

i was told that you need to dress higher than the position you want...i would def. wear the skirt suit

mochasista
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:57 AM

Do you think it would be alright not to wear pantyhose? Once again normally I wear them on an interview, but it's 97 degrees and my car as no a/c.

Quoting hammomof2:

i was told that you need to dress higher than the position you want...i would def. wear the skirt suit

momma-flynn
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:59 AM

I've always followed that advice.  

Quoting hammomof2:

AmberDR
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:01 PM

It's definitely acceptable to not wear panty hose in the summer...

Quoting mochasista:

Do you think it would be alright not to wear pantyhose? Once again normally I wear them on an interview, but it's 97 degrees and my car as no a/c.

Quoting hammomof2:

ctfirsttimemom
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:01 PM

Since I was in college and of course out I've never gone to an interview in anything other then a suit, I think that would be fine.  Is it a high end spa or a very casual place?  You always want to look totally professional and of course neat.

hammomof2
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:02 PM

def. don't have to wear pantyhose

owl0210
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:02 PM

Always wear a suit if you have one, if not a blouse and skirt. 

ctfirsttimemom
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:03 PM

I personally would not call and ask.  That just seems so unprofessional to me. 

Quoting .not.angel.:

Call and ask.

nickysmom71
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:03 PM

A nice pair of dress pants and a nice top would be fine for something like that.....or even a nice dress is fine as well....a suit, I think a little too dressy....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)