Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breast Milk and flying?

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:53 AM
  • 7 Replies

Does anyone know a website where I can print off the regulations for this so I won't have any problems getting it through security? I've found articles on it but can't find anything official that will help me. Thanks in advance, I suck at googling. :)

by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
mysweetmelissa
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:54 AM
They'll just test a sample of it. Try the FAA website.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MandiK
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:02 PM

aeroslove
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:07 PM

good luck. After what happened to one lady. She was flying back home to her baby. She had breast milk in those baggies i think and the security people didnt let her board the plane. she was in this cubicle waiting for a few hours. they tested it, she had a paper showing she printed it out and they still wouldnt let her fly.

Im still nursing but i wont be pumping anything out. im bringing a empty cup for him just in case he wants water on the plane

*EDIT* we are flying out july 26th thru Virgin America.

MandiK
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:19 PM

Oh wow! That's crazy. Maybe I just won't pump anything, or I guess let them toss it if they tried to do that. My DD doesn't like to eat under a blanket and I don't like to nurse without a cover so usually when we're in public somewhere a bottle is the easier option.

Quoting aeroslove:

good luck. After what happened to one lady. She was flying back home to her baby. She had breast milk in those baggies i think and the security people didnt let her board the plane. she was in this cubicle waiting for a few hours. they tested it, she had a paper showing she printed it out and they still wouldnt let her fly.

Im still nursing but i wont be pumping anything out. im bringing a empty cup for him just in case he wants water on the plane

*EDIT* we are flying out july 26th thru Virgin America.

michaelabitner
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:24 PM

i wouldn't bring any if it can be avoided. i was the same way with my first daughter, i didn't like nursing in public and she wouldn't nurse under a blanket. i'm much more comfortable this time and will nurse anywhere instead of bothering with the hassle of pumping and using bottles. wear clothes that make it easier to nurse discreetly. an undershirt to cover your stomach and a loose shirt to cover the top of your breast. a good nursing tank makes it easier if you put a t-shirt over top. if you can sit on an inside seat versus the edge you might feel like you have more privacy.

jenn75
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:25 PM

It's been a while(DD is almost 5) but from what  I remember I brought my pump& bag as a cary on but it wasn't considered one of my cary-ons for the count as how many  you were allowed. I had in my pump bag a couple bottles/bags of BM& something to keep it cool. The bottles weren't held to the same 3oz rule as other liquids.

Actually having a baby with us along with all the baby "stuff" allowed us to get through security quicker BUT like i said this was about 4 yrs ago.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)