Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why are you fat?

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:14 PM
  • 71 Replies

I was shocked when I took my daughter to her chiropractor appointment this morning. The chiro was talking to someone about the HCG diet. She was promoting it.

WTF?

I've *always* listened to the chiro, over ANY doctor, but I'm wondering what the heck is going on.

The HCG diet is one of the most dangerous diets ever invented. Has anyone else tried the HCG diet under the supervision of a doctor? What were your results? I would think you'd gain all the weight right back anyway. Going from 500 calories a day back up to normal 1200 is gonna put weight on FAST.

by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
i.heart.rachel
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:18 PM

Title change?

Pnukey
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:20 PM

Definitely not a diet to try. DH is a fattie, but I'd rather have him stay fat than try that dangerous diet.

mom_dl6
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:22 PM

bump

i.heart.rachel

Quoting Pnukey:

Definitely not a diet to try. DH is a fattie, but I'd rather have him stay fat than try that dangerous diet.

I'm just wondering why the chiro is backing it. It's odd to me. Guess I could ask her but I'm pretty uneducated on the subject so I felt stupid.

PhatAttack
Nope. Ill never fad diet again. It does nothing but hurt you in the long run. I'm eating right and working out. Going slowly but I'm sure it will pick up once I get my thyroid checked.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
vintage_pearl4
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:24 PM

Never heard of it...off to Google

PhatAttack
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:24 PM
That doesn't suprise me. Some drs give CRAZY advice when it comes to weight loss.

Quoting i.heart.rachel:

Quoting Pnukey:

I'm just wondering why the chiro is backing it. It's odd to me. Guess I could ask her but I'm pretty uneducated on the subject so I felt stupid.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
i.heart.rachel
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:27 PM

But the chiro is usually all about healthy stuff. :(

Quoting PhatAttack:

That doesn't suprise me. Some drs give CRAZY advice when it comes to weight loss.
Missy.C.
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:30 PM

It is just about making money, they make a huge profit on the shots  they give out. Anyone who eats 500 calories a day will drop weight...but I have read the whole thing is just not real,that the HCG does nothing to help..but some say it makes them not hungry. Better to just watch what you eat.

Quoting i.heart.rachel:

But the chiro is usually all about healthy stuff. :(

Quoting PhatAttack:

GigantaursMommy
by Mrs.Awesome Face on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:31 PM

I know it's a bad diet but how do people not realize that only eating 500 calories a day is bad for you?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)