Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

can we sue for this?

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:34 PM
  • 16 Replies

Ok I talked yesterday about DH joining the National Guard and leaving CT soon. Well I have a question about his current job which he is leaving soon.

This all started in February. DH and I were promised we could live in a trailer at his place of employment, since the old truck driver got fired and the woman living there is only P/T and the trailer is reserved for F/T drivers only. The rent would've been free. They ran into problems evicting the man and then the woman is refusing to move.  Living in the trailer free of rent was considered part of our compensation.

THEN his boss came to us and said since Person A and Person B won't move out, IF you move to Town B (where the company is located) I will pay your security deposit and half your rent each month.

Problem is we haven't moved into the trailer yet and haven't seen a penny go towards our rent. Can we sue him for not paying half our rent when he promised he would? Also our rent in Town B is double what it was back home.

*Before anyone asks the wedding ticker is broken. People were harassing me about it yesterday in the other post. We were married April 10 2010*

IAmPregnant Ticker

wedding websites

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BananaMuffins
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:35 PM

Do you have it in writing anywhere that he promised to pay half your rent?

kjbennett26
by Platinum Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:35 PM

Do you have then written in a contract?  If so I'd say yes if not then youre more than likely screwed

ff-princess
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:36 PM

not if it's not in writing.  well, let me clarify.  you can sue, but it will either be tossed out or you'll lose without documentation.

Aislinn
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:37 PM

Do you have a written contract? 

xixCandyxix
by Candy on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:37 PM

No its not in writing. But the people living in the trailer have a contract saying that they need to maintain FT employment to live there and that the trailer is reserved for the current driver...

Logan_Bellasmom
by Falling Starr on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:37 PM

Only if he put it in writing

Amybelle
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:38 PM

^^^^ what they said

xixCandyxix
by Candy on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:40 PM

Damn I guess we are screwed. Oh well.

tfro
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:40 PM

since you didnt sign a specific contract i think it would be a waste of time.

BananaMuffins
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:41 PM

If it's not in writing, there isn't anything you can do.

Quoting xixCandyxix:

No its not in writing. But the people living in the trailer have a contract saying that they need to maintain FT employment to live there and that the trailer is reserved for the current driver...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)