Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My Complaint Letter to Kroger

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:37 PM
  • 20 Replies

This is the letter I wrote to Kroger. I am extremely fed up with one of their cashiers accusing me of theft every time she waits on me. I have blocked the name of the company I work for with the initials BK, I don't for for burger king but I needed something to put there lol. I do not want people on this site to know where I work due to crazy people lol. In the letter to Kroger I did not write "BK" I wrote the name of the place I work for.

What do u think? Would u be pissed too? I try not to even go in Tricia's line but sometimes her line is the shortest and I am in a hurry so I go to it.

I am writing about a rude experience I had at Kroger today. Whenever I am waited on by a cashier named Tricia she is extremely rude to me and accuses me of stealing. I work at BK , which is right next door to Kroger. I usually have a BK bag with me, as I usually shop at Kroger after work or I usually stop in to work and buy things from BK before I go to Kroger, and since I walk I have the shopping bag with me. I have asked customer service if they want me to leave the bag with them on more than one occasions, and they said no every time.

Every time Tricia waits on me she sees my bag and makes a mean nasty comment that implies I was stealing. For instance she will say "are you SURE you didn't get that here?" Today was the worst. She asked to look in my bag so I let her. Then she asked me if I got the products I had from Kroger. I said "No, I got them at BK, where I work" and she gave me a dirty look and rolled her eyes. Then the bagger asked if the cashier had scanned those products. The cashier turned to him and said "No, she claims she got them at BK, where she claims to work" in a snotty tone of voice. I feel that was uncalled for. Many times when I am at Kroger I am wearing  my work  shirt that says BK right on it. Today when I went I was not wearing the shirt and she still implied I was stealing those items by using the word "Claim"  In addition, she watched me walk away, giving me a dirty look as I headed towards the door.

If Tricia actually took the time to get familiar with Kroger products, she would know the products I had were not something Kroger even carries. They had BK price stickers on them that say BK right on the package.Tricia needs to stop being so judgemental and mean and accusing people of stealing. I am 100% positive Kroger has cameras everywhere and if I ever stole something management would stop me before I got to the checkout.  It is not her place as a cashier to accuse someone of stealing or make a nasty rude comment to anyone with a bag. People can walk into Kroger with a bag. It doesn't mean they are stealing. It means Kroger is located in a big shopping center so they were probably shopping beforehand.

I can tell you that as an employee of BK, I would never dream of talking to a customer the way Tricia talked to me. Unless I flat out see someone stealing something, then I won't accuse them. That would be an instant write up or possible termination at BK. I assumed all companies knew this, it is common sense. But apparently Kroger does not adapt to this rule, and if they do Tricia does not follow it.

by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BananaMuffins
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:40 PM

I wouldn't abbreviate BK (which I'm assuming stands for Burger King). When you're writing to a company, it's best to be professional, and abbreviations aren't professional.

The second to last paragraph I think you either should take out, or reword completely (so that it sounds more professional).

Other than that, I think it sounds good...I don't blame you for being frustrated at all.

carterscutie85
by *Shanny's Stalker* on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:41 PM

Oh I didn't write BK in the letter I sent them. When I copied the letter to here I replaced the name of where I work with BK because I don't want people here knowing where I work.

Ashanti22
by Gold Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:41 PM
She is extremly rude u have more patience than me I would have went off on her
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovetocook64
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:42 PM

how ironic,i recently had a bad incident at kroger with a casier ,I emailed the company but Iv yet to hear anything back.let me if they contact you,

BananaMuffins
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:42 PM

Oh ok, lol..that makes sense. :)

Quoting carterscutie85:

Oh I didn't write BK in the letter I sent them. When I copied the letter to here I replaced the name of where I work with BK because I don't want people here knowing where I work.

sweetnsassymami
by Ruby Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:43 PM

yeah that "bk" bag would go upside her head LOL

Quoting Ashanti22:

She is extremly rude u have more patience than me I would have went off on her

mallowcup17
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:43 PM

why dont you just talk to her manager personally, usually that solves issues quicker then writing to corporate

carterscutie85
by *Shanny's Stalker* on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:44 PM

The manager there is a total asshole. I have seen him yell at employees in front of customers, which is uncalled for. Apparently no one cares though, he's been there for years.

Yawnarama
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:44 PM

I would have complained instantly to CS!

kiernansmom08
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:44 PM

I think it sounds good to me.  Have you talked to the manager in person yet?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)