Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you have moved? Would you feel the same as me?

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:43 PM
  • 21 Replies

We took a southwest flight back to NY from FL on Tuesday. They have open seating which means its a first come, first served deal. We wound up being in the "C" goup and were among the last people to board. Of course there were no seats next to each other at the point. However there were a lot of people who had left the middle seat empty. After walking to the rear of the plane and back, and asked a flight attendant for help getting two sets of two seats together, or even seats across from each other. My daughters are 6 years old and would be terrified to be alone on a plane, not to mention I wouldn't trust the person sitting next to them. She told me I had to wait for the other attenant to get off the speaker.  So I walked to the middle. Meanwhile, Dh told me to just put them in a seat and I refused. I actually got nasty with him, which I rarely do and said, "I will not sit down until my children are seated next to a parent". Several people were looking at me, including those who had left spaces. Finally, one woman volunteered to move so I could sit wiht on of my daughters, and Dh went to to the front of the plane again and another woman graciously moved. I was so aggravated that no one else would be willing to move. I would have gotten up in a heartbeat. Of course, the ones who didn't move were men. Both women told DH and I that they were mothers and understood. Seriously, next time I will pay the extra to go on an airline with assigned seats.

Mom of twins

Peyton and Mackenzie~11/22/04

Do Not Breed or Buy Labels

by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
.XoXo.
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:45 PM
I'd be aggravated... But its life
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MaryanneMac
by Bronze Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:48 PM

I would have moved,  but men...not so much so

minimom11107
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:50 PM

I HATE Southwest!

RACERBABE02
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:51 PM
I would have moved.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mevsthem
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:52 PM

I would have moved

Livv066
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:52 PM

Of course I would have moved. 

fluffball80
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:56 PM

That happened the last time I flew Southwest.  Of course it was just me and dd who was 7 but I still wanted to sit next to her.  It was a 4 hour flight.  The flight attendant wasn't happy or helpful either and told me that there was nothing she could do and that if I wanted two seats together that I needed to pay extra next time.  There were several of us with kids and we were all trying to find seats so we could sit with our kids and no one wanted to move.

BananaMuffins
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:57 PM

I would have thought you were pretty rude to your husband..but I would have moved.

deek3579
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:58 PM
I would have moved if I were flying alone, but that's only because I've only have flown a few times and I still get pretty nervous and I like having someone familiar by me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ladybugmama86
by Silver Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:59 PM

Yes I would have moved, cause I would want the same courtesy!! But I have never been on a plane and Don't plan on being on one any time soon, so not something I have to worry about.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)