Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Custody/ CS help! I'm in Mass

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:55 PM
  • 9 Replies

My son's 4 1/2 and I'm finally fed up with his father.  I need to go get a custody and child support agreement!  Can anyone help?

I also don't get any services but I'm really struggling without them.  I need some guidance.

by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Mychele
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:56 PM
Call CSEA and file for custody
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
organicyogalove
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:58 PM

Ma happens to have one of the best child support systems in the country you should have no problem. 

yezay
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:58 PM

Can I do child support and custody at the same time.  I want to have a set schedule.  He's just burned me one too many times and he was on my phone plan until a month ago and he fucked up and I just had to pay 230 to get my phone turned back on.  I know he'll pay me back but it's just one more fucking thing.  I want someone else to be the middle man cuz I'm done.

yezay
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:59 PM

Organic I'm just not sure where to start.  I'm on the DOR website right now.

yezay
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 1:01 PM

bump

organicyogalove
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 1:16 PM

You can do custody but he is entitled to visitation. It is usually in favor of the mother though so it would most likely be something along the lines of he only has weekends, UNLESS you feel unsafe, if that is the case then a restraining order would need to be put in place. What exact town do you live in? If its the boston area or surrounding Cambridge courthouse is your best bet and it usually happens quickly. 

organicyogalove
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 1:18 PM

617 626 2201 

http://www.mass.gov/?pageID=doragencylanding&L=4&L0=Home&L1=Individuals+and+Families&L2=Help+%26+Resources&L3=Child+Support+Enforcement&sid=Ador

owl0210
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 1:21 PM

I live in Mass. Go to your local county's courthouse and fill out the forms for custody and child support, you can even find them online. Also call the bar association for reduced lawyer services. 

yezay
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 1:29 PM

Thanks.  He has him every weekend and that's how we want it but the CS is really whats lacking and I just want everything in writing.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)