Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sippy cup with formula?

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 1:57 PM
  • 24 Replies

My son is in desperate need of a haircut, but the last one I gave him was so tramatizing to him (he screamed and cried and my mom had to hold him tight in her lap and hold his arms down....he was bawling/sobbing the entire time....I hated it more than he did).  So, I googled a search about tips to make it easier.  I came across this comment - and I can't help but think.  "Seriously?  A 21-month old with FORMULA?"

Why?

"I take my 21-month-old to a children's salon. To keep him still and happy, I always take him right after a nap, when he's well-rested, and bring a sippy cup filled with formula. I ask the stylist to finish the haircut before the formula is gone. It works like a dream."

by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 1:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ChAoTic_BliSs
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 2:08 PM

Don't be so quick to judge. It is very common for some tots to stay on formula past 12 mths. Hence the reason they make the Next Step formula for 12-24 (or could even be 36 mths) My DD was on formula until she was 2 1/2....she had severe food allergies and staying on it helped her nutritional intake due to that. Some kids need it for the additional calories.

one_on_the_way
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 2:09 PM

Quoting ChAoTic_BliSs:

Don't be so quick to judge. It is very common for some tots to stay on formula past 12 mths. Hence the reason they make the Next Step formula for 12-24 (or could even be 36 mths) My DD was on formula until she was 2 1/2....she had severe food allergies and staying on it helped her nutritional intake due to that. Some kids need it for the additional calories.

I'm not judging....I'm asking why.

You answered the question from your perspective.  I asked the question from mine.

simplymelissa1
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 2:15 PM

I mean it works for her and her baby isn't screaming wwhy does it matter? Don't we all try to find ways to make things easier for our kids? If it works for her then great.

Phenomemom
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 2:16 PM

I'm going to go out on a limb and say...because they want to.

Maybe I'm failing to see what is so shocking about it. LOL.

JADIEBUG
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 2:19 PM

My son is still on formula and he is 3.5. He needs the extra calories due to health issues he has. It is not unusual at all with all the Next Step Formulas out there. And personally it is better nutritionally then cow's milk.

one_on_the_way
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 2:23 PM

Quoting Phenomemom:

It is a little shocking to me that a parent would still have their almost 2-year-old on formula (that stuff is expensive!!  Not to mention, MOST children that age are far past needing the extra nutrition formula provides). 

I just have never personally known a child that old still drinking formula.  That's all.

JADIEBUG
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 2:26 PM

Quoting one_on_the_way:

Quoting Phenomemom:

It is a little shocking to me that a parent would still have their almost 2-year-old on formula (that stuff is expensive!!  Not to mention, MOST children that age are far past needing the extra nutrition formula provides). 

I just have never personally known a child that old still drinking formula.  That's all.

Why is it so shocking? It is a very common trend now. And many parents do not agree with cow's milk too. Have you seen a toddler's eating habits? IF you can get them to slow down for a minute...They are often picky eaters too.

ChAoTic_BliSs
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 2:31 PM

You were "asking" in a condescending and judgemental way.

Quoting one_on_the_way:

Quoting ChAoTic_BliSs:

You answered the question from your perspective.  I asked the question from mine.

JADIEBUG
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 2:33 PM

Exactly.

Quoting ChAoTic_BliSs:

You were "asking" in a condescending and judgemental way.

Quoting one_on_the_way:

Quoting ChAoTic_BliSs:

Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Jul. 8, 2011 at 2:33 PM
Exactly. A couple of my kids needed formula past a year. I got rid of the bottles on their first bdays, but not the formula in some cases.

Quoting ChAoTic_BliSs:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)