Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

my boy has a fever :( help

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 2:04 PM
  • 4 Replies

My son started running a fever in the middle of the night Tuesday. I gave him medicine and he was fine. He acted fine the whole day. Its just when night time comes or he is napping he starts running a fever. It got up to 102.7 just now after nap time and I wish I knew what was wrong with him. Should I take him to the E.R or just see how he is this weekend? Every time I give him medicine the fever goes away, but he is not that active and can tell he don't feel good.

~*~ MY LIFE~*~

by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 2:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
gooftroop070910
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 2:21 PM
Id call his pediatrician and let them kno. They might want to see if
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SNA
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 2:22 PM

bump

OAmy
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 2:26 PM
I wouldn't consider the ER as there is no emergency. It's likely a virus that will clear in a few days if he isn't crying with pain or having specific symptoms. Our ped asks us to come in after three days of a fever just to be sure! Good luck!
SuperPickle
by Ruby Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 2:29 PM

If he has no other symptoms I would let it burn off. I dont even medicate unless they are MISERABLE or it hits 103 or so. We use other cooling techiniques such as lite clothing, a luke warm bath etc

In an otherwise healthy child Fevers are GOOD. They are burning off what ever bug is in there. If you medicate everytime to bring it down it could take longer to kill off the virus.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)