Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

S/O Screaming Toddlers

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 2:06 PM
  • 61 Replies

Poll

Question: Do you judge mothers if their child is having a meltdown?

Options:

Yes

No

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 65

View Results

When you see a screaming toddler in public do you JUDGE the mother?  Do you think to yourself 'if that was my child i'd whoop their ass!'

As a parent of a child with behavioral issues nothing pisses me off more when another MOTHER says that my child needs an ass whooping WITHOUT knowing his situation.  He cannot help it.  He suffers from a brain injury.  I'm not excusing his behavior at all.  We do talk about his behaviors and I discipline but not an ass whooping.  Please ASK before assuming a child needs an ass whooping just because they are having a meltdown.  This happened to me last week at all of places his behavioral therapy session.  Another mom had the effin nerve to call him WILD and how his medicine apparently isn't helping.  Went on and on about how her child is and he just literally zoning off like in another world.  I was pissed not to mention hurt.  Of all people I thought mothers would be more supporting and less judgemental especially another mom of a child with special needs!   It hurts my feelings knowing Naeem has to be medicated but I rather him not be a zombie!   And people wonder why I blame myself shit like this does it to me.  So please ask before judging is all i'm asking!  *steps off soapbox*

If you voted YES -- are you brave enough to answer in the post with reasons on why you JUDGE other moms?

Please bump after voting. Thx

by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 2:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momof2girls2407
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 2:07 PM

BUMP!

lilblu399
by Tamika on Jul. 8, 2011 at 2:08 PM
I don't judge I have a 3 year old he can go from 0 to tantrum over nothing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 2:09 PM
I did before I had kids. Now I know better.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JasminesMom07
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 2:10 PM

Before I had my own kids I did judge.  Now that I am a mother not at all. 

blsdbyangel07
by Evil Food Lady on Jul. 8, 2011 at 2:10 PM

Bump

lovinmykiddo07
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 2:10 PM
Nope. My four year old is still known to have tantrums at times..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Charweba
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 2:12 PM

Nope. before having children I was the person that would say omg that kid would be getting a spanking and why isn't that mother handling the situation better? However now from living the experience sometimes children just have a bad day. If my children are crying about something I will take them out of the store or take them into the bathroom. My son knows if we are leaving the store he is in serious trouble. As far as looking down on other mothers with the screaming child nope don't do that anymore.

ack86
Bump, no judging from me. I just think "someone isnt happy"
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
michaelabitner

BUMP!

blsdbyangel07
by Evil Food Lady on Jul. 8, 2011 at 2:13 PM

Thanks ladies  :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)