Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

MOTHER F*&@#$G DOG!!!!

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 2:28 PM
  • 23 Replies

Our new doggy is a food hog shes driving me nuts yesterday she snatched my 3 year olds toast right out of her hand, this morning I made my self a fried egg sandwich I set it far back on the counter and turned around to put the mayo away and the little shit grabbed my sandwich and knocked the plate on the floor!!!

I dont know what to do with her if there is food anywhere she tried to get it the kids cant even get up from the table to pee or shes trying to get their lunch. If they have anything shes right in their face. Shes a 4 year old chocolate lab and was never trained to not take or beg for food HELP!!!

by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 2:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
dmcarpenter619
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 2:29 PM
kennel her every time yoh are eating or preparing food.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
1likeme
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 2:30 PM
I would train her to stay out of the kitchen and dining room. Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dlock25
by Bronze Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 2:31 PM

Put her up when you eat. I have a lab and for a while we would have to put him in another room or in his crate while we were preparing food and eating. Now we tell him to go to another room and he will go.

carterscutie85
by *Shanny's Stalker* on Jul. 8, 2011 at 2:31 PM

Get a dog gate and put her somewhere when u are eating or preparing food.

sassyscorpio85
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 2:31 PM

and dont feed people food

Quoting dmcarpenter619:

babygirlsmom314
by Corinne on Jul. 8, 2011 at 2:31 PM

Quoting dmcarpenter619:

sweetnsassymami
by Ruby Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 2:33 PM

Labs are extremely food motivated. Like pp said put a gate up or put him in a room while ppl are eating. 

HippieMomma08
by Silver Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 2:33 PM

This.

And don't feed her when you're eating. She should have her own meal times that are separate from your family's meal times. That way she won't expect to eat just because you are eating.

Quoting dmcarpenter619:

Dawn4175
by Platinum Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 2:35 PM

Train her. Until she's trained, crate her or close her in a separate room while you eat.

LCWAmommy
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 2:36 PM

I want her to learn to not take the food locking her away from it is not going to solve the problem I have 5 kids they eat at least 2 snacks a day plus 3 meals the dog would be locked up all the time.My other 3 dogs i have had as puppies and they are trained I can set food on the floor in front of them and they wont eat it unless I say ok there has to be a way to train her to not take food.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)