Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Naptime..?

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 2:41 PM
  • 3 Replies

My DD is 21 months old.. and lately naptime.. bedtime.. any sleep time is a major battle. For example i just put her down for a nap 20 minutes ago.. and she's already awake and ready to move on with her day. But 2 hours from now, she'll be whiny and miserable because she's tired. When bedtime rolls around it's another hour or two long battle to get her to bed.. even if she's exhausted from not taking a nap.. We used to be able to put her down for her nap and she'd sleep for at least an hour.. and at bedtime we could lay her down in her crib and she'd be good for the night. Now it's like she's doing the  complete opposite.. i know she's not getting enough sleep because of the way she's acting.. but i'm not sure how to get her to sleep more.. we're all exhausted... Anyone have any advice? i'm going a little nuts here.. thanks in advance.. :)

by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 2:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
ermka
by Gold Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 2:51 PM

Bump

NearSeattleMom
by Ruby Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 7:57 PM

When my kids were that age (and nap-resistant), I would lay down with them to trick them into falling asleep. Usually it would work--when it stopped working, naptime was over for that kid.  (Sad!)

ermka
by Gold Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:51 PM

typically i would say.. okay.. no more naps.. but she's miserable..and makes everyone else miserable when she's tired.. so i can tell she needs the nap.. she just refuses to take it.. and she's not even 2 yet.. my other two napped until they were 3.. then we gave up trying.. I may have to start laying with her more though.. and see if that works.. now.. just to keep me from falling asleep.. lol

Quoting NearSeattleMom:

When my kids were that age (and nap-resistant), I would lay down with them to trick them into falling asleep. Usually it would work--when it stopped working, naptime was over for that kid.  (Sad!)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)