Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Any women from India or...

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 2:50 PM
  • 11 Replies

from Pakistan or married to someone who is? I  have a question about something I brought. A while back I got a bag of KALA CHANA (CHECK PEAS) I thought these where chick peas, DH said they weren't. He didn't tell me what they where or what I can do w/ them. I wanted to make MURGH CHOLAY(SP?) Yummy but anyway so what are these & what to make w/ them? Can anyone help me out, Thanks :)

by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 2:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
NearSeattleMom
by Ruby Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 7:57 PM

No . . . but here's a BUMP! 

mirage1202
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 7:58 PM
I am but I don't know much about Indian cooking :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
myfoursonsks
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 8:03 PM

They are chick peas. They can also be called garbanzo beans.  People typically used canned and don't recognize a dried chick pea/garbanzo bean.

ZeenaS.Muh
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 8:20 PM

yea I usually use can, only b/c I can never find them dried. I would rather use dried b/c isnt that healthier rthen can. Yea and I wish I could put a picture up here b/c they dont look to much like the chick peas we are use to.

Quoting myfoursonsks:

They are chick peas. They can also be called garbanzo beans.  People typically used canned and don't recognize a dried chick pea/garbanzo bean.

BananaMuffins
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 8:21 PM

Bump!

ZeenaS.Muh
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 8:23 PM

This type of food is pretty much all I cook, DH is pakistani & not to willing to try other types of food.  Shan masala box save my life when cooking.  If you want you can send me a message about cooking.  

Quoting mirage1202:

I am but I don't know much about Indian cooking :(

Jasminemomof3
by (Queen of Laughter) on Jul. 9, 2011 at 12:16 AM

I would look up on how to cook it....i had to! lol to cook for my BF who happens to be pakistani :) so far so good,im not that bad or good...im average! lol :)

ZeenaS.Muh
by on Jul. 9, 2011 at 5:10 AM

hey if you need any help or ideas im not bad at cooking the food.  Ive been told that my braynia (sp?) is like home made by a paikstani.  Oh do you use the SHAN MASALA box those are good to use if your new to making desi food. Also just send me a message if you have any questions.

Quoting Jasminemomof3:

I would look up on how to cook it....i had to! lol to cook for my BF who happens to be pakistani :) so far so good,im not that bad or good...im average! lol :)

ZeenaS.Muh
by on Jul. 9, 2011 at 5:14 AM

hey Jasmine how do you like dating a pakistani guy? Ive been married for nearly 10 years now im happy w/ my guy. I have met a lot of women who have dated or been married & tell me how controling and abusive the men are.  Any way im just wondering.

Jasminemomof3
by (Queen of Laughter) on Jul. 9, 2011 at 12:37 PM

Quoting ZeenaS.Muh:

hey Jasmine how do you like dating a pakistani guy? Ive been married for nearly 10 years now im happy w/ my guy. I have met a lot of women who have dated or been married & tell me how controling and abusive the men are.  Any way im just wondering.

heck no! not mine!! hehe! we have been together for almost 3 ys now:) my BF is like the most sweetest and nicest guy you can meet and not to mention, he claims all three kids his even through they are not his :) heck I have my second son named after him :) Khaleb Mobin :) 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)