Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DS friend just told me that his imaginary friends told him my ds was trying to hurt him!?

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 3:31 PM
  • 12 Replies

My son is 4, his friend is 6. I get that kids make up imaginary friends, but this creeped me out. My ds pushed the boy and the kid said, "My imaginary friends told me that ds is trying to hurt me and them"...but that wasn't all he said...completely unprovoked he began telling that his imaginary friends talk back and forth in his head and tell him things...ummmmmm.....ummmmmmm.....holy shit!!!???? I am a little freaked out by this kid now....Wow...just Wow... I didn't even know what to say...I asked some questions about his imaginary friends, they had names and everything...I don't know, but that is a little more information than I needed....it's like, "I see dead people", lol

Autism Is Everywhere        

by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 3:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lovesal
by Bronze Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 3:38 PM

BUMP!

lovesal
by Bronze Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 3:44 PM

BUMP!

kcangel63
by Freebirther on Jul. 8, 2011 at 3:46 PM

Maybe he's got schizophrenia?  Maybe he just has an active imagination?  IDK

sassyscorpio85
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 3:50 PM

maybe mention it to his dr next time you take him

chalisa0
by Kim on Jul. 8, 2011 at 3:51 PM

I've never heard of a 6 year old with schizophrenia.  It usually comes on around age 18.  You do need to mention this to his mom though.  He needs to be medically evaluated.  Any number of things (foods, medicines etc) could be making him delusional.  Most kids grow out of imaginary friends by about age 6-my dd's disappeared about age 5 (and she would have full on conversations with her). 

notjstasocermom
by Ruby Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 3:53 PM

confused

lovesal
by Bronze Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 3:54 PM

Quoting sassyscorpio85:

maybe mention it to his dr next time you take him

It is not my ds, it was his 6 year old friend who was just over here for a playdate. If it was my son, he'd be at the Dr. already!

Autism Is Everywhere        

2_boys_1_girl
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 3:55 PM

Maybe talk to his parents and tell them he might need counseling, sounds like he is scitzophrenic (sp?).....Thats what I would do anyways!

Mena929
by Gold Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 3:56 PM

Could be nothing. I would bring it up to his mother to see what she says though. Boys have very vivid and strange imaginations.

KMAsMommy9182
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 3:56 PM

Having an imaginary friends is normal, but the way you explain it, I would think a mention to the parent is important.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)