Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Period after having tubes tied *TMI

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 3:38 PM
  • 48 Replies
Ok ladies this may sound gross to some. I had my son on March 30th and had my tubes tied on May 10th. Well I just started my first period since post partum bleeding.

I'm soaking a super pad in a hour. I tried using a tanpon and soaked through that in like 30mins. Is it suppose to be this heavy after having tubes tied??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 3:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sunshine201
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 3:40 PM

My period went from light to really heavy after getting my tubes tied.....

3lilmonsters88
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 3:42 PM
Oh great! They were heavy before but this is just ridiculous. I'm actually contemplating putting on a overnight one.

Quoting Sunshine201:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MichelleJ1000
by Bronze Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 3:42 PM

That happened to me once about 3 months after I had my tubes tied.  I soaked a super plus tampon and pad within 30 minutes.  The heavy bleeding slowed down after one day.  Good luck and hope your flow slows down soon.

Moms2NTwins
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 3:45 PM

mine did as well. My bleeding after the twins stopped when they were 6 days old, at about 11 days old I was standing in front of my dss dresser getting his school clothes out and felt a gush...without going much further into detail it was awful and I freaked. I called the dr office they told me it was "normal" but if it continued that way for more than 24 hours to come in. If you're concerned Id def. give them a call and see what they say

Quoting Sunshine201:

wife to Ron and proud 

momma to 4 kiddos b(15) b(9) & my twins b/g(6) bonus kids: b(13) g(9)

http://www.truthforsophia.com/ 

3lilmonsters88
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 3:50 PM
Thank you!

Quoting MichelleJ1000:

That happened to me once about 3 months after I had my tubes tied.  I soaked a super plus tampon and pad within 30 minutes.  The heavy bleeding slowed down after one day.  Good luck and hope your flow slows down soon.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RBoggs410
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 3:50 PM

It's been 5 years since my tubal and I still have months where it's super heavy! I've always had normal (28 day) periods, and now I can't even keep track of them:( It comes when it wants, but of course never late! lol

I did have to do a DNC 4 months after my surgery though, b/c the bleeding wouldn't stop, so you may need to let your doctor know what's going on and go from there. Good luck:)

.Sarah.Marie.
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 3:59 PM

Yup...ive had mine tied for almost 2 years...my bleeding is horrible!...ive realized i can use ultra tampons the first two days...and change them every 3 hrs...then a regular the last two days...i wish i would have known about all the crap i would deal with after having my tubal...also look up ptls...post tubal ligation syndrom(sp)....its real...and it happens alot...also my post partum depression was horrible after tieing my tubes...

lil_mama06
by Brian's Lil Vixen on Jul. 8, 2011 at 4:03 PM

Mine varies..Some months light for 3 days..And another month heavy soakers..Call your doc and see what he/she says...

snoopy21276
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 4:03 PM

mine went to heavy the first 2 days then off and on the following 5 days.. been that way 6 years now

TygerLily62
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 4:04 PM

I had mine tied in November. For the first day and a half my flow is like that. I have to wear a pad and a tampon.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)