Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i cant believe it!

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 3:40 PM
  • 5 Replies

i've been at my job for 2 and a half months... i know that doesnt sound liek a long time, but for me-- it is! somewhat. lol before- i'd last at least 6 months.... but since i havent had employment since 08- i'm quite proud of myself! =) in 25 minutes, i've made it through week 10 of employment.

sometimes i wanna quit-- like this entire week, but the fact that i dont means something right?

by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 3:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Samanthamommy
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 3:42 PM

Congratulations, but why haven't you been able to keep employment long before?

sassyscorpio85
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 3:42 PM

good job...congrats... my shortest employment was 7 months... I worked at a nursing home..

blessed107
by Ruby Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 3:45 PM

My shortest employment was 5 yrs. I just decided it wasn't what I wanted to do.

Shy_Dia
by Gold Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 3:54 PM

Quoting Samanthamommy:

stupid. young. immature... spoiled, honestly. lol my dad is GREAT at saving/investing so whenever we needed/wanted something, we got it-- that included when i was a mom (teenager) and i just didnt want to work-- anything i needed, i just had to ask my dad- which he'd never say no to the kids (his way of fixing the mistake of not being there when we were younger).... the last one wasnt SO much my fault--- DS kept escaping from the house since i was working 3rd shift, couldnt put him in daycare... after a while, i asked to be put on either first or second, and they said no and i said i had to leave then b/c i wasnt gonna continue to put my child at risk-- either i'd lose ALL sleep and not function for a child, or DS would just be out roaming the streets (at 18-2 years old, we'd all agree that'd be bad!) so i quit. but that pushed me to get into school-- which i did for the last 2 weeks. a month after graduation, i got this job/career. =) best decision ever!

(when DS was escaping, i tried it all-- locks, door knob stuff, door alarms, sleeping n front of the stairs, in front of the door, going off just a hour of sleep, etc... even had him at a free sitters and he still managed to escape in HER care!-- i was PISSed about that one!)

Samanthamommy
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 4:26 PM

That's awesome! Congrats again! =)

Quoting Shy_Dia:

Quoting Samanthamommy:

stupid. young. immature... spoiled, honestly. lol my dad is GREAT at saving/investing so whenever we needed/wanted something, we got it-- that included when i was a mom (teenager) and i just didnt want to work-- anything i needed, i just had to ask my dad- which he'd never say no to the kids (his way of fixing the mistake of not being there when we were younger).... the last one wasnt SO much my fault--- DS kept escaping from the house since i was working 3rd shift, couldnt put him in daycare... after a while, i asked to be put on either first or second, and they said no and i said i had to leave then b/c i wasnt gonna continue to put my child at risk-- either i'd lose ALL sleep and not function for a child, or DS would just be out roaming the streets (at 18-2 years old, we'd all agree that'd be bad!) so i quit. but that pushed me to get into school-- which i did for the last 2 weeks. a month after graduation, i got this job/career. =) best decision ever!

(when DS was escaping, i tried it all-- locks, door knob stuff, door alarms, sleeping n front of the stairs, in front of the door, going off just a hour of sleep, etc... even had him at a free sitters and he still managed to escape in HER care!-- i was PISSed about that one!)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)