Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Try to help someone and someone else wants that help......gggggrrrrrrrr

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 3:42 PM
  • 3 Replies

I have a really good friend who is having a rough time of it right now. She lost her job, just got divorced and had to move to a smaller place. Well during the move her daughters dresser fell apart. She's barely making it as it is and can not afford a dresser or anything. Well I have an extra dresser I use for DH and mine's out of season clothes.

I offered her the extra dresser as a way to help her out. I'm not talking a flimsy pressed wood dresser but a solid oak one.  Now all of a sudden someone I've only known a few months wants this dresser that was never offered to her. I only offered the dresser because this is a person I've know for a few years and is going through a rough time.

Ones going through a rough time and the other has a husband that makes more money than my husband does per month (mines straight commission so his pay checks vary week to week).  If my friend does not want the dresser then we plan on keeping it. If she takes it then I'm going to have to replace the dresser since I will need something for our out of season clothing.

Why can't people understand that whats offered to one person does not mean its offered to all people. Didn't this other person ever learn that its not polite to demand that something be GIVEN to them?  I almost wish I had never offered the dresser to my friend for her daughter because of all the problems the offer is causing.

by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 3:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
ms_mommy_sue
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 3:44 PM

i'd tell the one demanding it, just what you said here! she sounds greedy and not someone i would want to be near often

Momtogirls0823
by Gold Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 3:46 PM

Quoting ms_mommy_sue:

i'd tell the one demanding it, just what you said here! she sounds greedy and not someone i would want to be near often

I am a busy working mom to two very active girls.  I love my kids, play on the floor in the fort with them, take them to the park, and love them always!  I can't imagine life without them!

school bus       school bus

RIPBethMason
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 3:46 PM

Quoting ms_mommy_sue:

I have and its not sinking in. the demanding one is clueless about alot of things or in denial about things she don't want to hear. Esp when its NO

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)