Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I was so mortified. Please give advice

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 4:09 PM
  • 9 Replies

My two and a half year old is honestly a really sweet child most of the time. He's the kid people don't like because he randomly gives out hugs and kisses at the park and always wants to hold your hand and play nicely. But idk what the heck happened today. :/

I took him to the mall and he ate some lunch and afterward wanted to ride the train. I said "ok, lets go", since he'd been behaving so well and missing his Daddy. So we get to the train, and he sat up front with a little girl...

Things were going good, til she pushed him over... Then he hit her.  And then it stopped.... and I thought all was well. I apologized to her mother because she saw it, and she kind of looked at me weird. Then all of a sudden he started smacking the little girl!! Oh my gosh I wanted to DIE. This ladies mother nearly knocked my stroller over (with my 7 month old) and started screaming "stop it stop it" while I was trying to get the train operator (who didn't speak English, go figure) to stop the train so I could get him out. I made him apologize and I apologize profusely and made him sit in time out and told him no more trains, but she still looked at me like she wanted to stab me and told me to "control that animal"

I wanted to cry. Part of me was mortified he hit the little girl and the other part of me was angry she called my son an animal. So I did the first thing that came to mind... told her to teach her 4 year old to keep her hands to herself, because she started with shoving him...

Ughhh. How would you handle this? How do I get him to realize you can't go hitting people!?

by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 4:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Mena929
by Gold Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 4:10 PM

I think you handled it perfectly. I would have been the same way. I would have been really mad had she called my child an animal.

BananaMuffins
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 4:12 PM
I don't think either child handled it appropriately (obviously) but her calling your son an animal was way out of line.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
southernbelletx
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 4:13 PM

I wouldn't be so worried about it especially since you said he's normally a love bug. He defended himself. Some mom's are so weird-just let them be kids. a slap from a four year old is not the end of the world.

beadingmom17
by Rachel on Jul. 8, 2011 at 4:13 PM
I would have handled it the same way...that girl should not have pushed him to start with and who knows what she was doing that kept provoking him. I'm not saying your son was correct in his actions, but this little girl started it. And for that mother to call him an animal is disgusting!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DaLordsMezNger
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 4:15 PM
If she thinks your son was being an animal, wait till her daughter is a teen.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.Sarah.Marie.
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 4:16 PM

her kid started it and pissed yours off...kids will be kids...

ChaoticAtBest
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 4:18 PM

I think you did fine, but did you ask him why he was hitting her? The little girl may have said something or did something else to upset him. 

I cannot believe the other mother calling your son an animal though, that is too ridiculous of her!

SouthernMomma09
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 4:19 PM

I asked, but he's not all that articulate.

He said "sorry mommy, sorry bubba hit bubba bad"

:(

Quoting ChaoticAtBest:

I think you did fine, but did you ask him why he was hitting her? The little girl may have said something or did something else to upset him. 

I cannot believe the other mother calling your son an animal though, that is too ridiculous of her!

sassyscorpio85
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 4:25 PM

my son was in daycare for awhile, I went to pick him up...They lady running it said Your son has a pushing problem.. I said, Ummm ok.. She said Yeah he was playing with a toy, and so and so took it way. then your son pushed So and So... I said he's two, so and so took his toy. Kids will be kids.... Needless to say that was the last week my son was there. I wouldn't worry about your little one. Her daughter shouldn't have started it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)