Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What would you do?

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 4:13 PM
  • 53 Replies

If a man you have a child with has nothing to do with that child in awhile. no calls, no visits. NOTHING He doesn't support him at all.

Would you ask him to sign away his rights? or would you take him to court for child support? What would you do?

by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 4:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Rhyne
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 4:14 PM
Child support, it takes two to tango and he needs to man up and help out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Forever-Young
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 4:15 PM
If he wants nothing to do with the child, write him off and get his rights taken away. its a bad idea going after support because he can fight you for custody later on. The way the courts see it, if he's paying for that child, he has rights to him-her.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
blsdbyangel07
by Evil Food Lady on Jul. 8, 2011 at 4:15 PM

I'm sorta in that position now..   My son's father sees Naeem once a week (if that) for less than a hr at a time.  He thinks giving me 50 a month makes him daddy of the year.  I do realize he could not give me anything but wtf 50 a month.  Idk what to do..  The only thing that holds me back is he threatens he'll have nothing to do with Naeem if I take him to court for CS.  Well, Naeem loves his dad and loves whatever time he spends with him so I feel like he'll resent me if I take him to court.  Idk what to do.  :/  Bump for you! 

carterscutie85
by *Shanny's Stalker* on Jul. 8, 2011 at 4:15 PM

In my situation I would take him to court for CS, I  feel like even if someone is a deadbeat they are still responsible, at least financially, for supporting their child.

When my ex gets out of prison I won't let him see DS but u bet your ass he'll be paying CS.

xxxAthena
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 4:17 PM

i dunno.....id prob try to get him to sign away his rights. hypothetically i have done it without his money the entire time before then so i mine as well yank the ability for the deadbeat to come sniffing around and causing havoc in my son's life.

sweetmissy_05
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 4:17 PM

Child Support for sure.

WanziesMommie
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 4:18 PM

Whats awhile? But yep I would as him, or I'd take matters in my own hands and take him to court!

sassyscorpio85
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 4:18 PM

i would have him sign his rights away...

notjstasocermom
by Ruby Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 4:18 PM

you can't just have his rights removed, someone has to be willing to adopt the child.

heathermichelle
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 4:20 PM

That is my thought as well but even if its court ordered, I don't think he will pay

Quoting Rhyne:

Child support, it takes two to tango and he needs to man up and help out.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)