Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

son of a gun! my mom is freaking out idk what to do

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 4:22 PM
  • 25 Replies

I told my mom that I got vicodin for my ear problem and she totally flipped. she was like "you know blah blah blah's baby was born with cerebral palsy because his wife took that" and I was like yeah but she was addicted and took it all day everyday the whole time she was pregnant, I got a prescription for 10 pills I'm only going to be taking them for like 2 days until the antibiotics kick in. 

but she is kind of making me freak out about it.

is it ok? and she is just scaring me for nothing? or is it actually that bad?

she told me no matter how bad the pain is do not take it... but I have an almost 3 year old to take care of... I can't be crippled with head pain with him running around. he is good and if I tell him to settle down because mommy is sick he listens pretty good but he is still a 2 yr old and sometimes he can't help it

Lilypie Maternity tickers
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 4:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DaLordsMezNger
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 4:26 PM
Idk sorry but here's a bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kaidansmylife
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 4:28 PM
My ob told me its fine. I have back issues and without pain management I cannot walk.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mstkn.identity
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 4:29 PM

Quoting DaLordsMezNger:

Idk sorry but here's a bump

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ermka
by Gold Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 4:31 PM

they wouldn't have perscribed it to you if there were any valid proven tests that knew it would cause birth defects... and like you said.. you're not addicted.. it's 10 pills and you're only taking it for a couple of days.. yes there are those mothers that abuse while they're pregnant (i know a couple) there's a big difference between taking a few times because you need it.. and taking it multiple times every day for the entirety of your pregnancy... it'll be alright mama!!

mackiebugsmom
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 4:33 PM
Its fine.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PEEK05
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 4:34 PM

My midwife said vicodin was okay (but I did not take anything). I have fibromyalgia so when pregnant, I can be in severe, chronic pain for a long time.

Laura1427
by ★Honey Badger★ on Jul. 8, 2011 at 4:41 PM

It is not that serious. It is a class C drug.

LCG83
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 4:43 PM
Take it as prescribed only and you will be fine.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hmorg1
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 4:45 PM

if the dr said to take it than listen to the dr. If your mom is not a dr than dont listen to her.

CutieBoysMommy
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 4:47 PM

that's the plan.

and I made sure to ask " are you 100% sure this is ok for me to take?" and the doctor and nurse said it's fine. my mom really knows how to make me freak out though

Quoting LCG83:

Take it as prescribed only and you will be fine.

Lilypie Maternity tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)