Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

so you are going on a roadtrip....

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 5:12 PM
  • 12 Replies
What do you bring as far as snacks for the kids and things to occupy them?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 5:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
troll.mom
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 5:16 PM

we have a DVD player.. each kid can watch their own movie, we bring pretzels, cookies, fruit snacks, iPod, iPad & drinks

Fran-Fran
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 5:17 PM

Ha ha ha!! This is too funny I just saw this post. We are actually going on a road trip leaving on Sunday! I found online games like car bingo that you can print out and I bought colored pencils since crayons can melt in the car. I also have a portable DVD player and we have lots of books and magazines. For snacks I got alot of dried goods and fruit. We got granola bars, fruit snacks, grapes, jif to go cups, that kinda stuff. Oh and I bought juice but only for when we stop for meals. I have water bottles for the rest of the time. Here is the website where they have lots of good ideas. Good luck! Where are you headed??

http://www.momsminivan.com/index.html

sassyscorpio85
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 5:18 PM

coloring books, story books, dvd player, match box cars, we just pack a cooler with like pb&j sandwiches, fruit snacks...

heathermichelle
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 5:18 PM

Dvd player, games, activity books, chips, water, fruit snacks, cookies

lovinglife0682
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 5:21 PM
For our road trips each kids packs a bag. My oldest packs books, coloring books, a notebook, her lapser explored. My youngest packs a bunch of toys. We pack a bag of pretzels, crackers, chips, snap peas, veggie strips, fruit snacks and an ice chest full of drinks.
adyks45
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 5:22 PM
Omg thank you for the ideas and website! We are going to the far southeast corner of Indiana from lower central wi. A good 7hr drive with no stops. Leaving Sunday as well. How about you?

Quoting Fran-Fran:

Ha ha ha!! This is too funny I just saw this post. We are actually going on a road trip leaving on Sunday! I found online games like car bingo that you can print out and I bought colored pencils since crayons can melt in the car. I also have a portable DVD player and we have lots of books and magazines. For snacks I got alot of dried goods and fruit. We got granola bars, fruit snacks, grapes, jif to go cups, that kinda stuff. Oh and I bought juice but only for when we stop for meals. I have water bottles for the rest of the time. Here is the website where they have lots of good ideas. Good luck! Where are you headed??

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
adyks45
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 5:23 PM
Thanks for all the replies so far.. I've gotten an ohhhhhh yea idea from everyone!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
adyks45
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 5:24 PM
By veggie strips do you mean cut up veggies?

Quoting lovinglife0682:

For our road trips each kids packs a bag. My oldest packs books, coloring books, a notebook, her lapser explored. My youngest packs a bunch of toys. We pack a bag of pretzels, crackers, chips, snap peas, veggie strips, fruit snacks and an ice chest full of drinks.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Fran-Fran
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 5:25 PM

We are driving from North Idaho (about an hour from the Canadian border) to WI we will be there for 3 days then down to Iowa for 7 days then home. We are gonna stop and see Mt. Rushmore and all that good road trip stuff lol!! Should be fun! So 14 days in total we will be gone.

Quoting adyks45:

Omg thank you for the ideas and website! We are going to the far southeast corner of Indiana from lower central wi. A good 7hr drive with no stops. Leaving Sunday as well. How about you?

Quoting Fran-Fran:

adyks45
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 5:37 PM
That's going to be a fun trip!! I wad in Idaho about 5 years ago to visit an ex bfs sister and family. Its a beautiful state! Good luck and have fun on vacay!

Quoting Fran-Fran:

We are driving from North Idaho (about an hour from the Canadian border) to WI we will be there for 3 days then down to Iowa for 7 days then home. We are gonna stop and see Mt. Rushmore and all that good road trip stuff lol!! Should be fun! So 14 days in total we will be gone.

Quoting adyks45:

Quoting Fran-Fran:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)