Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My 5 year old is in big trouble

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 5:15 PM
  • 9 Replies

My 5 year old decided he wanted to get strong so while in the bathroom decided to try to do chin ups with the towel bar and ripped the thing right out the wall!!! i cant believe he did that and he knew he was in trouble cuz he came running out the bathroom crying that he didnt want to get in trouble and go to time out. I am so mad at him right now but at the same time i want to laugh at his reasoning. He also keeps telling me i dont love him or want him anymore all because he had to stand in time out. right about now i dont know if i want to make him feel better or let him suffer for a bit. GRRR being mommy is just too hard sometimes.

by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 5:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
BEXi
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 5:18 PM

lol oh the joys of having boys!!

My kiddos accidentally ripped a closet door off the top hinge from hanging on the door handle. They are only 2 and 3!! Monsters, I tell ya..

minimom11107
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 5:19 PM

I feel your pain mama!

*~*♥Jessica♥*~*Loving Mommy to*~*♥Anthony&Angelo♥*~*                                        

redneckmama2
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 5:19 PM

We had to remove all the closet doors her because they wouldnt quit pulling them off the tracks. drives me nuts the things these kids do... we have a bunch of holes that need to be filled because they kept pulling the baby gates out of the wall too...

Quoting BEXi:

lol oh the joys of having boys!!

My kiddos accidentally ripped a closet door off the top hinge from hanging on the door handle. They are only 2 and 3!! Monsters, I tell ya..

heathermichelle
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 5:21 PM

Aww. He is just upset. Stay stern with him or he might think he can keep saying things like that to avoid getting put in time out. Just tell him how much you love him but he did something he was not suppose to and has to go to time out or something like that :)

sweetnsassymami
by Ruby Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 5:21 PM

LMAO...those moments you want to be upset but can't help but laugh at it too. 

redneckmama2
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 5:25 PM

yeah i was... he is just overly emotional... it took me 5 minutes just to get an answer from him on what he did... he just kept screaming his head off and saying he didnt want to be in trouble. But he knows im not the one he is going to have really discuss this with... his daddy is gonna be way pissed off. there is now like a 1 inch hole in my bathroom wall... luckily for now i was able to put the bar back in but i dont think it will take much to pull it back out... but only one side of the bar came out of the wall and i have too much of a headache to try to get it all the way off

Quoting heathermichelle:

Aww. He is just upset. Stay stern with him or he might think he can keep saying things like that to avoid getting put in time out. Just tell him how much you love him but he did something he was not suppose to and has to go to time out or something like that :)

LuvBugsLuvy
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 5:36 PM

Oh wow!  he is using emotional blackmail, LOL   He knew he should not have been dangling from the towel bar. However,  there was no mal-intent momma, it was just a dumb choice on his part. I would just finger scold him on not using common sense, LOL

livyla
by Platinum Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 5:38 PM

boys...

sabbycat69
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 5:40 PM

Aww, I feel your pain. Just stand firm, or he will use those excuses to try and get out of getting time out or whatever punishment. Also at the same time explain to him that just because you punish him does not mean you don't love him or want him anymore, tell him that is just the opposite, that you do punish cause you love and want him. You want him to grow up to be a good kid and eventually a great man

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)