Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am upset! Do you agree or am I overreacting?

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 5:42 PM
  • 97 Replies
My 7 year old son is spending 2 weeks with my in-laws and my parents 4 hours away. My mom is a private nurse for an elderly man, but she only works 2 hours in the morning and 2 hours in the afternoon. My son stays with my father while she is at work.

I decided to call my mom just to check on my son and talk to him. My mom said they were at her friends house swimming. That's fine. I trust my mom to have my son in the pool.

She then said that she was going to let my son stay at her friends house while she goes to work for 2 hours tonight. HELL NO!!

I do not allow my children to stay with people I do not know. Idonot know that woman and I don't want my son there alone with her. When I told my mom this she tried to talk me into it by saying it was only 2 hours. I told her that I can have my MIL come pick him up if she wanted to be that way. She agreed to leave him with my dad.

I am a SAHM because I do not want my kids being cared for by strangers. Do you think I overreacted or do you agree?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 5:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JasonsMom2007
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 5:43 PM
I would trust my moms judgement but that's just me
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Liyoness
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 5:44 PM
Over-reacting. He's 7, not 3.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovinlife13
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 5:44 PM
I am with, I wouldnt trust people with dd especially around a pool
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AmaliaD
by Platinum Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 5:45 PM
I agree with you, I wouldn't Llow it.
mysweetmelissa
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 5:45 PM

I trust my parents' judgement completely, and he's not an infant, he'll be fine.

myfoursonsks
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 5:45 PM

Same here. Well, I wouldn't trust my mom's judgement personally, but I don't leave my kids in her care.

BUT...I would trust the judgement of the person I left my child with. If I didn't trust their judgement, why in the hell would I be leaving my kids with them in the first place?

Quoting JasonsMom2007:

I would trust my moms judgement but that's just me

mtdew
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 5:46 PM

If your mom trusts her friend, then I probably would too.  Unless you don't trust your mom?

Robin_TripleA

I agree with PP's she is your mom, and I am pretty sure she would not leave him with someone who would harm him. 

00momma00

I agree 100%

jazzieel

I have to know anyone my kids are staying with, especially my 7 yr old son. My answer would be no way!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)