Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

silly or smart?

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 5:46 PM
  • 18 Replies

Poll

Question: so is he....

Options:

silly DH

smart DH he needs a cookie!

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 9

View Results

one of DH co-workers' son is expecting a baby girl. this same lady helped out with an awesome present from her and and all the other co workers when i was pregnant with DS. it's a surprise! baby so they are trying to get things together. DH wants to give a bunch of hand me downs from our 3 year old girl, which i have no more baby girl stuff.

i told him i could swap out some baby boy clothes for baby girl clothes next week at my playgroup's swap out. but he wants to, instead, spend $30-$40 on gently used clothes from craigslist (people have some good bargains there! oh, plus, i LOVE buying consignment and hand me downs, so NO issue there!). my reasoning is let me swap out and then spend the $30-$40 on something nice, either a GC or if they have a registry, maybe some towels or whatever.

he thinks i just want to spend money LOL which of course i love to shop but why spend money for something you are going to call hand me downs when you give it to them? i think he probably must have promised hand me downs or something. LOL

by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 5:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
iamcafemom83
by Rah-Rah on Jul. 8, 2011 at 5:55 PM

i am shamelessly bumping this!!  

iamcafemom83
by Rah-Rah on Jul. 8, 2011 at 5:55 PM

bump

sheena696
by Platinum Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 5:58 PM

If I am going to buy someone a gift or give them a gift, it is not going to be hand me downs.

Sparkey6987
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 5:59 PM

Depends...how do they feel about hand-me-downs? 

Andreamarie76
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 5:59 PM

I like hand me downs :)

iamcafemom83
by Rah-Rah on Jul. 8, 2011 at 6:00 PM

that is what i was trying to tell him! omg LOL

clapping

Quoting sheena696:

If I am going to buy someone a gift or give them a gift, it is not going to be hand me downs.

iamcafemom83
by Rah-Rah on Jul. 8, 2011 at 6:01 PM

oh, i LOVE hand me downs. i think we should give the hand me downs, AND an additional present NEW

eta-well i guess meaning the hand me downs would be in addition to the gift. does that make sense? LOL

Teeshann
by Ruby Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 6:02 PM

i wouldn't mind receiving hand me downs as a gift but it bugs me to give them as gifts. LOL. i'd rather buy or make something new.

sassyscorpio85
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 6:03 PM

I would take a new gift to the shower, and ask about the hand-me-downs... some people are easily offended

Kylie819
by Emerald Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 6:03 PM

I would spend the $30 or $40 to buy something from their registry.  Then give some hand me downs as a "bonus" but not the actual gift, if you want to pass down some clothes.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)