Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

wtf. I am pissed! how can you knock a person's grade for this! UPDATE! still pissed

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 6:42 PM
  • 27 Replies

we had to read this story and write a argumentative essay on what we read telling her our opinion on the story, and this is the feedback i got: she gave me a freaking 80 and there was nothing even wrong with it! WTF..how can a professor knock you a grade and pretty much say your opinion sucked when that was what the assignment was!!

I understand your point of view but i disagree with it.  Even though I do not see the story the same way you have, I appreciate your attention to the details of using quotations, MLA documentation, and a nice works cited page. 

UPDATE!

She was real bitchy in her email response and this is what she said.

First of all, it is not normal to submit essays before reading feedback. You submitted this essay 4 days before the due date and 2 days before I graded the previous homework assignments. Secondly, you didn't save your document as your last name and module #4, that is the only way I accept them and points are deducted accordingly.

SOOOOOOOOO she takes her good old sweet ass time and i have to wait around to turn in a assignment that close to a a due date? she never said anything about waiting for previous homework and i submitted 4 days early because we were going camping and would not have access to our computer the day it was due. (it was due july 4)

and she never said how we had to save them until now when she rudly updated the class homepage to say several of you are not saving your documents correctly. Points are being deducted..great..whatever bitch.

by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 6:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
2xmama85
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 6:43 PM
I would straight up ask... I'd be pissed...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ToraMay
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 6:48 PM

knocking your grade for disagreeing? Id ask too.

mackQuin
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 6:51 PM

i emailed her..i don't get it..thats all she said on the feedback page. it was a argumentative essay! i dont' know how there could be a wrong way of interpreting a freakin story!

alwayskk
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 6:53 PM
She needs to give way more feedback on that. She is asking you for evidence and argument but gives no detail as to why she disagrees. That does not hellp you for future essays and analysis.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
avaandemmasmom
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 6:55 PM

I would ask too... That would piss me off...

lil_Army_Wife05
by Ruby Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 6:55 PM

Sounds like she knocked your grade because you didn't have the same outlook as she did on the story...To me that is BS

myfoursonsks
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 6:57 PM

She didn't say that the fact she disagrees with you is why you got a B. But, she doesn't really say why either. I would just ask.

mackQuin
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 7:02 PM

Quoting myfoursonsks:

She didn't say that the fact she disagrees with you is why you got a B. But, she doesn't really say why either. I would just ask.

yeah i emailed her.

i just asked for clarification on the feedback and if that is the only thing she based the grade on. I told her that with the next essay i want to be sure i am doing all i can to earn a better grade.

mackQuin
by on Jul. 9, 2011 at 1:17 PM

update.

mackQuin
by on Jul. 9, 2011 at 1:24 PM

bump.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)