Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Was this nurse out of line? Comment made before D&C

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 6:43 PM
  • 240 Replies
I had to go in for a D&C today and while I was being prepped I was very emotional......the nurse looked at me and said, "it's not that big of a deal sweety, people have miscarriages all the time." I said that I don't care how common they are, other peoples pain doesn't change mine and I am entitled to be very sad about it. Her response was, "oh honey, its not even a baby yet." I wanted to slap her insensitive ass. Is it just me or is this horrible bedside manner?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 6:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
...A5HL3Y...
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 6:44 PM
She was out of line.

Sorry for your loss :-(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mandksmommy
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 6:44 PM

well it depends on how far along you are because it probably wasn't a baby forming but just a mass and that's the way she see's it.

kateshac
by Bronze Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 6:44 PM
That was horrible. She deserved to get slapped for saying something so insensitive.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sparkey6987
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 6:45 PM

Yes it's out of line. When I had one last month the idiot anesthesiologist thought I was there for an abortion. He was going through the standard battery of questions and said "Is there any chance you could be pregnant?...oh yeah, haha, that's why you're here!!" ...I let him read the rest of the chart before he put his foot in his mouth. This was in a CATHOLIC hospital, mind you.

2xmama85
I would've come unglued... that's freaking insensitive and the fact that it "wasn't even a baby yet" is her opinion, to some of us, it's a baby from day one... I'd complain
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Andreamarie76

How horrible of her, shame on her for being so mean !!!!!

Teeshann
by Ruby Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 6:45 PM

way out of line

armygirl16
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 6:46 PM

Wow that is horrible!  She was very insensitive.  Where I work we are always very sensitive to patients emotions when they come in for D&C's...some ladies come in crying.  I or any nurses/scrub techs I work with would never say anything like that.  That was incredibly rude of her.  I would write her up or make a complaint about her. 

brandiaubrey
My baby had a heart beat!!!!

Quoting mandksmommy:

well it depends on how far along you are because it probably wasn't a baby forming but just a mass and that's the way she see's it.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EMMYBEARSMOMMY

Wow, that was rude!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)