Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is this even LEGAL?! I am so irritated!

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 6:48 PM
  • 60 Replies

My air conditioning does NOT work in my apartment. AT ALL. It is 90*F outside, and it is 85*F in the apartment. I have had the air running for about a week strait (I just paid my electric bill for this month $296 for a TWO BEDROOM 900 SQ FT apartment) 

I have called MANY times to get it looked at by maintence, to no avail. (they say nothing is wrong). They said it is because I am on the third floor. I am really good freinds with the girl accross the hall, and she says her gets FREEZING.So it is NOT that. 

They told me that they will have their vendor come out in the morning, and IF there is nothing wrong with it, that WE will have to pay their OVERTIME wages that day.

Is that LEGAL?!?!?! 

Mom to three. Ayla, my little princess! Austin&Avery my twins who are survivors of TTTS and extreme prematurity! 

by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 6:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Somewoman.on.cm
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 6:49 PM

I don't think so...

ToraMay
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 6:49 PM

too my knowledge, it's not legal. check the laws in your area.

Robin_TripleA
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 6:50 PM

Ugh, I will. My son cannot even wear his helmet because it is too damn hot in here!!!

(he wears it for medical reasons)

Robin_TripleA
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 6:51 PM

BUMP!

lil_Army_Wife05
by Ruby Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 6:53 PM

Been there done that..We ended up moving shortly.

The maintenance man would come and not fix anything. So we paid someone to come out and fix our a/c and sent the bill to the aprt. The next day the maintenance man was on top of the building and my ac no longer worked...yeah, he broke it, because he got fired. More to the story, but in the end we ended up moving out right after. I do not recommend those apt to anyone!

2xmama85
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 6:53 PM
No... Not legal... Send them a certified letter stating that your ac is broken and that if they do not fix it with 30 days, you will be suing them...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sassyscorpio85
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 6:53 PM

Check with laws in your area.. good luck hon

Quoting Robin_TripleA:

Ugh, I will. My son cannot even wear his helmet because it is too damn hot in here!!!

(he wears it for medical reasons)

deepwaters
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 6:54 PM

IDK call your local housing authority asap

Robin_TripleA
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 6:55 PM

The thing is, it is THEIR vendor. I didn't call them to come look at it. Or even tell them too!!!

That sucks though. I would be pissed. I am moving soon too, BUT my son needs to be able to wear his helmet... here..now! Not in a month when I am moving! UGH!

Quoting lil_Army_Wife05:

Been there done that..We ended up moving shortly.

The maintenance man would come and not fix anything. So we paid someone to come out and fix our a/c and sent the bill to the aprt. The next day the maintenance man was on top of the building and my ac no longer worked...yeah, he broke it, because he got fired. More to the story, but in the end we ended up moving out right after. I do not recommend those apt to anyone!

Mom to three. Ayla, my little princess! Austin&Avery my twins who are survivors of TTTS and extreme prematurity! 

Andreamarie76
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 6:55 PM

Quoting ToraMay:

too my knowledge, it's not legal. check the laws in your area.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)