Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm sure I'll get bashed but WTFEV - UPDATE w/ her response.

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 7:01 PM
  • 183 Replies

UPDATE: I said (via text, as that is how we always communicate): Misty, I'm sorry but we won't be able to watch Hannah anymore. I realize this puts you in a bind and for that I am sorry but I have to do what's best for my personal situation right now. Thanks for understanding."

HER RESPONSE: Ok, do i owe u anymore money per ur accountings, its been since last week of jun that i have looked at books, sort to speak? Please let me know asap, thx.

ORIGINAL POST: I haven't posted much about this psycho woman I'm babysitting for because I've been trying to put up with her. I used to consider her a friend. Not so much anymore.

Long story short, I work from home and Rach (SO) is home during the day. So we said we would watch Misty's kid for her (key word.. KID) a few days a week while she worked, as a favor. She paid us, which was a plus, so no complaints there. 

Lately, like the past month or so, she has been asking us if we would watch her other kid. We said no. The one we watch is 4. The one she wants us to watch is 10, and is a brat. She kept begging us to watch her so we would just have to come up with excuses as to why we couldn't. If I said no, she asked WHY. I would say oh I have a class to teach, or Rach has to work, or whatever fit for that day. Yes they were excuses but they were also true. We didn't want the extra stress of a kid that we don't even really like here on those days.

So, anyway, she has been having her older daughter come with her to drop her younger daughter off, and she (older dd) has been saying "PLEASE CAN I STAY HERE? PLEASE WILL YOU WATCH ME?" Trying really hard to make us feel bad. The answer is always NO. Sorry, but NO.

This morning, she came in my apartment - she (the mother) has strep throat... and she (the daughter) laid on the floor and begged me to watch her. I said no, and ignored her the rest of the time.

Tonight when she came to pick her younger daughter up, she said that older dd was crying saying "it wasn't fair" that we wouldn't watch her. I had had ENOUGH at this point. I said "You know what? LIFE isn't fair and the sooner she realizes that the better off she will be. She is TEN years old for god's sake she needs to get over it. We cannot handle two extra kids. I'm sorry. She needs to realize NO MEANS NO."

The mom still continued on saying how her dd didn't understand, and how we upset her. So I said "If my daughter acted the way yours did this morning I would've beat her ass. She was SO rude to beg me to watch her and make me feel bad KNOWING I couldn't. It's not only up to me it's up to Rachel too."

THEN... she proceeds to say "Oh, I know. And I told her, Rachel isn't a mom so she doesn't understand these things" blah blah blah.

I almost lost it. Rachel isn't a MOM? Um bitch you are living with your uncle and have not had a place of your own in 15 years!! You've bounced from shelter to relative to ex to shelter more times than I can COUNT and you're saying RACHEL, who has provided for these kids for almost THREE YEARS, is not a mother? Are you fucking kidding me???

^^^ No I didn't say that last part. And I know this is long. Sorry. I just had to get that out. I need to tell her I can't watch her kid at all. I cannot take the extra stress it is putting on us. I told Rachel what she said and she cried. She said it was like a punch in the gut. She feels like a mom to these girls and she IS one even if it's not by blood. And how dare that bitch say something like that when she doesn't even take care of her own damn kids.

UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. Okay vent over. :)

by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 7:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
i.heart.rachel
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 7:03 PM

Okay so it's long. Sorry!!! lol

MommeeTo4
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 7:05 PM
That's a bunch of BS
I personally wouldn't want to babysit for her again.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
i.heart.rachel
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 7:05 PM

Quoting MommeeTo4:

That's a bunch of BS
I personally wouldn't want to babysit for her again.

Well after I went off on her she was almost in tears so I started to feel bad but I think that's how she works people.. she WANTS them to feel bad. SHE did this, NOT ME. I just am gonna miss her little girl. :(

Kaybean
by Kayleen on Jul. 8, 2011 at 7:06 PM

So what is the mom doing with her 10 year old dd while she works? Is she leaving her home while you guys watch the other dd? I mean, I honestly can see why the 10 year old is kinda hurt over it, because she probably feels left out. Yes she's 10, but she's still a kid and probably wants to come play too. It sounds like her mom needs to find somehwhere for her to go when she's working so that her dd isn't home by herself every day feeling like crap because her little sister is allowed over and she's not. 

Daisypath Wedding tickers

CharmedP
by Bronze Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 7:06 PM
Yeah, that's long :)

But what that woman said was inexcusably rude. I'm sorry she said that!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
southernjess3
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 7:06 PM

RACHEL IS a mother in MY eyes. and a DAMN good one at that.

deepwaters
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 7:07 PM

LOL manipulative! having her come over....sounds like something my SO's ex would have pulled when he was little. Anyways stand your ground but in most cases when you are the sitter you watch both or none. My DS is almost 5 and he's autistic. A few of SO's family members have offered to watch my adorable 2 year old DD but not my DS. I tell them they watch both or none. kind of the same thing.

crysnjosh
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 7:08 PM
ida slapped a bitch -_- thatd be like someone saying dh isnt a dad cuz hes my sons stepdad.....and i DEF wouldnt be babysitting anymore at all. You dont disrespect my SO and still expect my help
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
i.heart.rachel

Quoting Kaybean:

So what is the mom doing with her 10 year old dd while she works? Is she leaving her home while you guys watch the other dd? I mean, I honestly can see why the 10 year old is kinda hurt over it, because she probably feels left out. Yes she's 10, but she's still a kid and probably wants to come play too. It sounds like her mom needs to find somehwhere for her to go when she's working so that her dd isn't home by herself every day feeling like crap because her little sister is allowed over and she's not. 

She is bringing her to work with her, and yes she is bored to tears at her work but it's not my problem. When I first started watching the 4 year old, she had a babysitter for the 10 year old. She always goes to her dad's house too when the 4 year old gets left behind. So she is old enough to realize they don't go everywhere together. At 10 years old, you also know no means no... and how she acted this morning was so rude. I'm just pissed that her mom sat there and allowed it. She probably TOLD her to do it.

chevoya09

that is fucked up....i wouldn't watch the fucking kid anymore either. that's too much stress especially when she's trying to take advantage of you by adding another kid and having her kid and her put you on a guilt trip. not cool at all. i would call her over the weekend and tell her you can't watch her anymore

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)