Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need advice wwyd?

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 7:23 PM
  • 10 Replies
We live on an army base, there are rules (that are supposed to be enforced by the military police) that kids under I think 10 must be supervised at all times!

So we have a neighbor kid a few houses down who is 5 that is never ever supervised. She never asks to use other ppls things, she just uses them when they (bikes, scooters, etc) are unattended.

When we first moved in waiting for our stuff (and her bike) so the neighbor girl was being nice and sharing, then her mom came out all bitch crazy yelling at her dd that my dd was riding her bike. So ive tried to limit the time they spend together.

So wwyd, let them play outside at the risk of neighbor mom going crazy, or tell your dd oops too bad?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 7:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lynnie_poo
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 7:28 PM

umm I would def let my child play outside! (screw the neighbor)!

iamcafemom83
by Rah-Rah on Jul. 8, 2011 at 7:30 PM
I wouldn't limit time outside for my dd but I would limit who I let in my yard if you know what I mean.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momof3ak
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 7:32 PM

I would tell the kids to stay away from their yard and if the neighbor mom goes crazy again I'd say something to her

anikahaynes1
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 7:33 PM
Its just kinda hard because our houses are set up weird and litterally there is a circle of sidewalk all the kids play on. I dont have a front yard thats "mine" because of that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommytoeandb
by Gold Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 7:34 PM

I would let them play together if you are out there.  If she keeps going nuts, turn her in!

theycallmemom4
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 7:35 PM

Why not talk to the fruitcake?

anikahaynes1
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 7:37 PM
Bc shes never outside. And the one time I tried after the bike sharing incident she turned her back to me.

Quoting theycallmemom4:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TarotMommy
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 7:38 PM
I'd go introduce myself to the mom and go from there. If she's a nutjob then I'd still allow my child outside just to play with her own toys in my yard but tell the little girl she has to play in her own yard with her toys so she won't get into trouble.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
theycallmemom4
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 7:46 PM

Ehh, screw it...Call housing or the MPs on her *ss....She needs to make friends with the neighbors and have someone keep and eye on her daughter (not only because it's the rule but for safety issues) or she needs to be outside with her kid.

Quoting anikahaynes1:

Bc shes never outside. And the one time I tried after the bike sharing incident she turned her back to me.

Quoting theycallmemom4:

lucky2Beeme
by Platinum Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 7:55 PM

I wouldnt curb my DDs time outside. Its summer kids belong outside. If the neighb or comes out steamed walk over and be as kind as ou possible can. Kindness kills nuts like her.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)