Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ok WAHMs and those that want to

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 8:06 PM
  • 111 Replies

There are a ton of women who work from home. So share what you do here (no links please. They can pm you if they want info). How do you handle working from home and kids? What's your favorite part about working from home?

So these are the things I do or have done and I'll tell you whether they are legit or not:

Scentsy: Legit, it is a business. This is my main one that I do. Costs $99 plus tax and shipping to start.

Herbalife: Legit, it is a business however VERY saturated and over priced. I do not recommend it AT ALL. I made less than $500 in one year working it more than full time (and I know how to sell). costs $60 plus tax and shipping to start

SimpleGPT: Legit, I've been paid over $50 from them. You fill out information. It doesn't pay much but you could easily make $5-10 in less than an hour. Free

Cloudcrowd: Used to do it and got paid. They used to have lots of jobs, I don't know anymore though. Free

varolo: Not too sure if it is legit, I was never paid.You watch commercials. It's ok if you build a downline but you HAVE to build a downline to get paid. Any commercials you watch earn you spots in the jackpot rather than money but if you have downline, you earn from them. Free

Hubpages: Legit, If you like to write, I suggest this. It's a community of bloggers and they use adsense and ebay on your blogs so you can get paid. I personally love it. I spent a week writing 40 blogs and now I get paid for them and don't do anything. Free

Bamboopink: Business, legit. It would be a GREAT business if the quality was actually fixed. But the quality is horrible so after months, I am leaving that business. $39 to start.

(These are my opinions and experiences)

Heather- Air Force Wife, Mom of two, WAHM with Scentsy (SuperStar Consultant!!).

by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 8:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
babybensmama
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 8:08 PM
Yes, I'm curious too!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Crashly
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 8:08 PM

bump

Tink0711
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 8:09 PM

I'm curious. I've only found scam WAH stuff.

ZanderandBella
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 8:14 PM

I'll update with all the stuff I do and have done

stinkerbelle28
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 8:17 PM
Well, we own a small convience store. We live above the store, so I guess it's work from home, lol. If you have never actually run a convenience store it's hard to explain the amount of work that goes into it. Most would think it's easy bc we have help that cover the store, but it's not easy I promise you. My favorite part of it is being home with my kids most of the time. The constant errand running sucks somedays and I hate that I have to drag them all over for the store, but they don't seem to mind and we sound loads of time together.

ETA how I handle my kids. I just do it, it's tougher some days than others, but they understand that Mommy has to do this to take care of things so they normally behave for me. They love all our employees too and they are so great! If I have to talk to vendors or do stuff downstairs they try to entertain them for me, lol.

Gorilla_Mama
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 8:21 PM

BUMP!

ZanderandBella
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 8:22 PM

Oh gosh, living there has got to be hard and probably consists of long days. That sounds interesting though. Something I would do if I could lol.

Quoting stinkerbelle28:

Well, we own a small convience store. We live above the store, so I guess it's work from home, lol. If you have never actually run a convenience store it's hard to explain the amount of work that goes into it. Most would think it's easy bc we have help that cover the store, but it's not easy I promise you. My favorite part of it is being home with my kids most of the time. The constant errand running sucks somedays and I hate that I have to drag them all over for the store, but they don't seem to mind and we sound loads of time together.

ETA how I handle my kids. I just do it, it's tougher some days than others, but they understand that Mommy has to do this to take care of things so they normally behave for me. They love all our employees too and they are so great! If I have to talk to vendors or do stuff downstairs they try to entertain them for me, lol.

Heather- Air Force Wife, Mom of two, WAHM with Scentsy (SuperStar Consultant!!).

CheshireCat420
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 8:25 PM
I'd like to do something like Scentsy, but I'm not sure if I'd be good at marketing. I work for Lionbridge right now. It's good money, but it's only part time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
connie45
by Gold Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 8:26 PM

Hubpages sounds interesting.  I love to write!  Please pm whatever info you can.  Thank you.     

arkansasmama08
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 8:27 PM
I've done in home daycare before. It was fun and I got paid every week for doing things I do with my kids anyway. Now I sell avon. I do ok, but don't work it as much as I should. I also clean our church. The kids come with me. Not exactly easy but we get it done.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)