Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

7-year-old's plea leads to 911 call after quadruple murder

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 9:03 PM
  • 13 Replies

WAGENER, SC (NBC) - The Aiken County Sheriff's Office says a child's plea for help led to a 911 call surrounding a quadruple murder. They say a neighbor called 911 after Ken Myers killed his wife, her twin sister and their mother Saturday night in Wagener. Officers say Myers also killed his ex-girlfriend Esther Baldwin before taking his own life. A 7-year-old girl - who is heard in the background of the 911 call - and a 1-year-old boy were inside the Daytona Rd. home and witnessed the three murders. A 911 caller is heard saying "I have a little girl. How old are you?" The little girl says "seven." As the one year old cries in the background, the caller continues talking to the dispatcher. "I have a baby that's one years old. She came over here in the yard and said something about her mom got shot." "When the incident happened she grabbed her one year old brother," said Aiken County Sheriff Michael Hunt, "keep in mind she's only seven years old and carries him some distance to a neighbors house in the country and one of those neighbors called 9-1-1." Hunt said the children are now with family members after the quadruple homicide Saturday night. The 7-year-old witnessed parts of the incident where deputies say Kenneth Myers shot and killed his wife Angela Myers, her twin sister Tabitha brown and their mother Vicki Brown. "We will have victims services involved in that and they can arrange any counseling they need or want," said Hunt. Investigators say after Myers shot and killed the three women off Daytona Rd., he went to the home of his ex-girlfriend Esther Baldwin where they say he shot and killed her. Deputies found her body after a well being check. "We did have someone come forth that Mr. Myers had told him that if he ever snapped he would 'take out some certain people' which was a quote," said Hunt. "She walked over here in the yard and told me that this guy named Kenneth had just shot her mom," said the 911 caller. "It's a white car, the bad man's car," the little girl said. "Two of those folks that were killed in this situation were two of the names that he mentioned, two were not." According to Sheriff Hunt those two names were Angela Myers and Tabitha Brown. Myers led police on a chase and returned to the original scene of the three murders where he took his own life. Sheriff Hunt said investigators are about to wrap the investigation up and mark it as closed.

by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 9:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Rydersmommy616
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 9:05 PM

:( that was beyond sad   and that little girl was very brave

LisaRoyNKaden
by Gold Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 9:05 PM

oh my goodness.... those poor children...  : (   Im so glad she knew to get her brother to a neighbor's house... 

mackiebugsmom
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 9:07 PM
Omg thats tragic. My dd is 8 and that broke my heart because the first thing she would do is grab her one year old sister to saftey....bless that little girl...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
thatgirl70
by Carin on Jul. 8, 2011 at 9:07 PM

That is so sad. :(

2love
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 9:07 PM
i live in Mississippi and the aunt of the man who did this came in today to buy stuff to get ready for the funeral. She said the husband didn't want the police to take him alive.... So he killed everybody.... Just tragic .
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
blessed107
by Ruby Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 9:09 PM

So sad:( Poor babies.

mygirl2906
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 9:11 PM
Omg i dont even have any thing to say. that lil girl is so so strong
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Stevensmomma
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 9:29 PM

Quoting LisaRoyNKaden:

oh my goodness.... those poor children...  : (   Im so glad she knew to get her brother to a neighbor's house... 

Mamie_85
by Ruby Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 9:32 PM
what a brave little girl. So sad.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Young_Mommy89
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 9:37 PM
This happend about 30mins away from me =(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)