Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ok so i am not ready to deal with this and my mom isn't home..i need advice!

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 9:15 PM
  • 13 Replies

my daughter is 9. she will be 10 in october. we went swimming today and she later came up to me and said her boob hurt. I didn't think anything of it at first and assumed she had just pulled a muscle swimming and boob to her meant chest or something.

anyway she kept saying it hurt..so i gave her a tyelnol and told her to go get a shower and i would come look at it. I haven't watched her bathe in a few years now..i mean she's going to be 10, but i do know it wasn't like this a few days ago when i saw her changing.

her boob that hurts is swollen..kind of like she is starting to "change" but its just the one boob. the other one is normal..when i say swollen the nipple and the aerola is all puckered up.

I called my mom and she isn't home. i googled and it said its normal for one to grow at a different rate than the other but this is a pretty good difference and it happened so quickly! she hasn't even lost all her baby teeth yet! :(

So do i buy her a training bra? Do i wait to see if its some sort of injury from swimming? lol i really don't know what to do. I'm not ready to deal with this. i didn't develop until i was 13 and i didnt' get my period till i was 16. I thought i had a few more years..

I told her that her body is starting to change and she started to cry. I told her its no big deal, it happens to every little girl. its a changing process and it means you are getting older. IDK how to have this talk. damnit.

by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 9:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mackQuin
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 9:19 PM

oh and we had to hold her back..if this is the beginning of her body changing, do you think she will be teased? i never thought this far when we decided to hold her back and while holding her back was necessary i just wish i would of thought of these things before ,.well now.

She will only be going into the 3rd grade.

i really am not ready for this part of motherhood.

KelliStars
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 9:19 PM

Wait and see if its injured before worrying about natural growth.. and it may be shes developing, but then again.... maybe not. Everyone develops at a different age.. there is no set plan, and while I didn't until I was 12, my neice started at 10..

Bird16_J
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 9:20 PM

Crap i'm sorry I have no idea how to help you lol My girls just turned 5 and are starting kindergarten so I have NO clue what to do or say! Good luck though! Maybe just sit her down and talk to her about what happens when you get older and maybe google some stuff that might help you talk to her as well? sorry i'm a moron at this stuff lol

.Sugaree.
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 9:21 PM
I've read that it's becoming much more common for girls to start puberty younger bc of all of the hormones in our food :/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mackQuin
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 9:21 PM

Quoting Bird16_J:

Crap i'm sorry I have no idea how to help you lol My girls just turned 5 and are starting kindergarten so I have NO clue what to do or say! Good luck though! Maybe just sit her down and talk to her about what happens when you get older and maybe google some stuff that might help you talk to her as well? sorry i'm a moron at this stuff lol

i am a moron too. and i dno't think its a injury..it looks like mine did when they started to bud. if that makes sense..

Nicky80
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 9:26 PM

well my daughter is 9 (she will be 10 in Oct.) and I have a fear of her starting early.  She is a little heavy and she has had to wear a bra for over a year now. She just started having to wear bra with a little padding.  She has had body odor since kindergarten so she has been using deoderant for years now.  She is just growing up really fast! She never complained with anything hurting though.

Sparkey6987
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 9:28 PM

I'd take her to the doctor, just in case. I started growing them at 8...it's normal, mama even though you're not ready.

Devious103102
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 9:28 PM

Good luck!  DD1 is going to be 11 and has had 2-3 very light cycles already in the past year.  They grow up too fast!

haleyleedy
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 9:29 PM
My 9 year old sd had a belly ache and the school sent her home with a period kit that explained it all. She had no idea until that day it scared her. Damn school
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
FooLynRoo
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 9:30 PM

You're doing fine.

Assure her its changing for the better  soon she will be a pretty young lady instead of a little girl - and thats a good thing!

I dont remember my boobs doing that or even hurting I was around her age when I started to develop.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)