Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I want to leave my husband....

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 9:20 PM
  • 20 Replies

I'm so lost what to do! I am absolutely miserable with my husband. I have tried time and time again to leave him, but he makes me feel horrible for one, and two and threatens constantly with suicide threats. I am literally terrified to leave him. I have recently, within the last at least 3 months i believe, met a great guy. Long ways away both unfortunately, and probably fortunatly. He is so sweet, driven, funny, just everything I've looked for. He has done nothing for the past few months about wanting to get a plane ticket and finally come meet me. And its not like he can't get a woman where he is. He is a great man. My husband and I haven't been happy in at least 2 years. I don't know why he doesn't just let me leave. I just don't know what to do anymore. I don't want to be where I am, but I'd never forgive myself if he did something because we divorce. I hate this!

by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 9:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
artsygirl2010
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 9:38 PM
you need to just stand up for yourself. Choose what is best for you. The only person that can hold you down is yourself. You have to stand up without fear. Sometimes we cannot always help ones that need help. Good luck mama!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
anon421
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 9:40 PM

looking at the ways things are going since last night on here, im going to sit and wait for this one to be a lie. Other than that I dont' know what to say

Mamie_85
by Ruby Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 9:41 PM
i had an ex that slit his wrist in front of me when i was 15 and he was 17, because he saw me kiss my new bf. I promise he was an extreme case and most men just say that to manipulate you into staying. Leave and be happy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tabitha109
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 9:42 PM

leave him, call the cops about the suicide threats.. That might get him help plus I'm pretty sure that's considered domestic abuse to threaten that. File for divorce before you involve yourself further with the new guy so it doesn't hurt you in divorce court.

marriedmomma3
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 9:42 PM
This

Quoting Tabitha109:

leave him, call the cops about the suicide threats.. That might get him help plus I'm pretty sure that's considered domestic abuse to threaten that. File for divorce before you involve yourself further with the new guy so it doesn't hurt you in divorce court.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sparkey6987
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 9:43 PM

Okay I'm letting this play out before I even bother trying to wrap my head around it...

peachymomof2
This exactly.

Quoting artsygirl2010:

you need to just stand up for yourself. Choose what is best for you. The only person that can hold you down is yourself. You have to stand up without fear. Sometimes we cannot always help ones that need help. Good luck mama!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pink_Sunshine

Don't let him use Suicide to keep you in a Marriage you're done with. He's using it to control you. Stay firm and if you truly don't want to work it out, leave.

Amybelle
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 9:44 PM

finish one relationship before starting another

mommy_2_be_2010
by Platinum Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 9:45 PM
This makes a TON of sense to me does can I apply this to my brother?

Quoting artsygirl2010:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)