Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Please help...piog

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 10:05 PM
  • 2 Replies

My friend asked me to write her a reference letter for her to help her become a Doula. It needs to have in it how long I've known her and in what capacity. It also needs to have in it what strengths I think she has as a DONA international member, and certified Doula. Also why I think she would be a good Doula, and helpful to women.

I am HORRIBLE at these things. So will you please help me? lol  I have some of the letter written...

I have known the applicant, Ashley (last name) for almost 11 years. She is an amazing Mother, friend and support system. She is the friend that I go to whenever I have questions about my children when I'm not quit sure of the answer. She was there for me when my oldest was born, almost six years ago. She was an amazing support. When he was born he wasn't breathing and was extremely blue. I kept asking everyone to tell me what was happening, and everyone was so caught up in what was going on except for Ashley. She stood by me holding my hand telling me that everything was going to be okay, and she was right. After my second child was born a year ago, she helped me with breastfeeding. I can't tell you how many times a day I called her, or asked her to come over and she always helped with out hesitating. With out her I don't think that I would of made the first couple weeks of breastfeeding. I call her about vaccines, cloth diapering, breastfeeding etc. She always has an answer and I am extremely grateful for that.

I think Ashley would make a wonderful......

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 10:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
connorsmommy120
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 10:26 PM

BUMP!

NearSeattleMom
by Ruby Member on Jul. 9, 2011 at 3:16 AM

Maybe you can mention some of the traits she has: is she calm? knowledgeable? smart?  encouraging? 

Was she your friend first, then your doula?  Clarify that.

I think you have a good start there.  Just break it up so that you have sentences and paragraphs with some space between.  :)  Easier to read.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)