Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Yoakum, Texas???

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 10:08 PM
  • 8 Replies

We're wanting to get away from city life and we're looking around the Yoakum, Shiner, Gonzales area. Anyone live/from/have any advice to offer regarding Yoakum?

by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 10:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
PNutsMomma
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 10:10 PM
Have no idea. But I know shiner has awesome beer. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
txmom24girls
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 10:23 PM

lol...I totally agree!

NearSeattleMom
by Ruby Member on Jul. 9, 2011 at 3:16 AM

No idea but here's a BUMP!

Love060708kids
by on Jul. 9, 2011 at 3:17 AM

no idea bump

PNutsMomma
by on Jul. 9, 2011 at 3:19 AM
That's part of the reason to move right there! And bucee's too. Lol

I heart bucee's.

Quoting txmom24girls:

lol...I totally agree!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
YTX
by on Jul. 9, 2011 at 10:45 AM

Originally from TX (Midland) but lived in the Washington, DC area for ~20 years ... we got fed up with the big city in 2004 and decided to pick everything up and head back to TX.  We did some scouting for a while and eventually settled on Yoakum, have been here since.  LOVE it.  Nice, quite, peaceful.  The kids attend the local Catholic school.  Wonderful folks around here.  It's refreshing to be in a place where it's real people just living their lives.  And now with the natural gas boom, this area is seeing a nice economic boost.

alwayskk
by on Jul. 9, 2011 at 10:47 AM
Lmao! Well that's definitely out in the midde of nowhere :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
txmom24girls
by on Jul. 9, 2011 at 11:26 PM

YTX,

Thanks so much for the info!  I'm a little nervous, but excited about the area. We were there today and everyone seems so friendly. The simplicity is very appealing to me. We're currently looking for properties/homes that are available, so if you know anyone selling, please let me know.

Again, thanks so much!

Quoting YTX:

Originally from TX (Midland) but lived in the Washington, DC area for ~20 years ... we got fed up with the big city in 2004 and decided to pick everything up and head back to TX.  We did some scouting for a while and eventually settled on Yoakum, have been here since.  LOVE it.  Nice, quite, peaceful.  The kids attend the local Catholic school.  Wonderful folks around here.  It's refreshing to be in a place where it's real people just living their lives.  And now with the natural gas boom, this area is seeing a nice economic boost.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)