Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I must be crazy.....

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 10:09 PM
  • 14 Replies

I have 4 kids ages 10,8,5 1/2, and 2. Next weekend  we are going camping at the beach. It's about a 4-5 hour car ride in each direction. So, any suggestions of things for kids of those ages to do in the car? Thanks for the help!

by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 10:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mcalpinmom
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 10:10 PM
Movie
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BananaMuffins
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 10:12 PM
Portable DVD players. Watch 2 and a half movies and your there! :).

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Devious103102
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 10:13 PM

we bring word searches and crosswords, coloring pages, books to read, toys and a DVD player never hurt any, lol.  We've done a LOT of road trips with our kids so we keep the traveling vehicle (right now it's my truck, lol) pretty packed for "just incase". We also have a "road trip kit" filled with those things, lol.

monster_momma
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 10:17 PM

ear plugs for you and hubby

motherslove82
by Gold Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 10:28 PM

My kids are louder than the average noise cancelling devices, lol.

Quoting monster_momma:

ear plugs for you and hubby

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 10:29 PM

Tag team the kids...... one older with one of the younger (whichever they get alogn better with)  , take playing cards, books, coloring books etc to keep occupied. Crayons and blank paper can keep DD occupied for a long time.

sheena696
by Platinum Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 10:30 PM

We did a 7 hour car ride last week with a 2 year old and a 9 year old. Just thought I would say that yes, you are crazy. lol

monster_momma
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 10:31 PM

well it has been a few years but when i actually had a life and went on trips i would always drive at night so that my son would sleep the whole time. is it at all possible for you to travel at night?

motherslove82
by Gold Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 10:34 PM

Thank you. It's always good when someone agrees with me, :)

Quoting sheena696:

We did a 7 hour car ride last week with a 2 year old and a 9 year old. Just thought I would say that yes, you are crazy. lol

motherslove82
by Gold Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 10:35 PM

No. We can't leave until Friday afternoon, and we are camping, so once we get there we have to set up the tent and everything. We kind of need daylight.

Quoting monster_momma:

well it has been a few years but when i actually had a life and went on trips i would always drive at night so that my son would sleep the whole time. is it at all possible for you to travel at night?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)