Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need some ideas/recipes...

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 10:16 PM
  • 8 Replies

I've been searching online for some good recipes with chicken breast, bacon, asparagus and cream cheese, but I'm failing miserably. I would just make something up, but every time I've done that, my food has turned out horrible. Anybody have any ideas or recipes with these ingredients?

ETA: It doesn't have to have all these ingredients, but that's pretty much what I have towork with ATM. I need to go grocery shoppin...

pregnancy

by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 10:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
myfoursonsks
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 10:17 PM

All in the same recipe? Or just using those ingredients separately?

Mommavieve
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 10:18 PM

Either/or. I was thinking of something like asparagus cream cheese stuffed chicken breast wrapped in bacon. IDK why, but that sounds delicious...

Quoting myfoursonsks:

All in the same recipe? Or just using those ingredients separately?

pregnancy

mysweetmelissa
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 10:22 PM
I wouldn't use the asparagus in the dish unless you like it mushy. Otherwise, you could mix bacon into the cream cheese and some basil, oregano, and thyme, slice the chicken breasts open to make a pocket, stuff the cream cheese/bacon/spices inside and bake. Steam the asparagus for just a few minutes, so they're tender/crisp. Serve with rice, bread, salad, or whatever.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
myfoursonsks
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 10:23 PM
Mommavieve
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 10:24 PM

Thanks! I would need to change up some of the ingredients though...I'm a little low on fresh veggies.

Quoting SuperPickle:

No cream cheese but this sounds good

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/elegant-stuffed-chicken-and-asparagus-bundles/detail.aspx

pregnancy

Mommavieve
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 10:25 PM

That sounds pretty good, but I don't mind mushy asparagus.

Quoting mysweetmelissa:

I wouldn't use the asparagus in the dish unless you like it mushy. Otherwise, you could mix bacon into the cream cheese and some basil, oregano, and thyme, slice the chicken breasts open to make a pocket, stuff the cream cheese/bacon/spices inside and bake. Steam the asparagus for just a few minutes, so they're tender/crisp. Serve with rice, bread, salad, or whatever.

pregnancy

Mommavieve
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:28 PM
So here's what I did. I decided to go ahead and make something up. The asparagus I had was the steam in bag cuts, so I stuck it in the microwave just long enough to defrost it, then mixed it with cream cheese, italian seasonings and just a titch of salt, then stuffed the chicken with it. Then I wrapped the chicken in the bacon. It's baking now, so we'll see how it turns out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)